“Authentic Food for a Great Price”

Rheinfelder Bierhalle
Ranked #113 of 1,918 Restaurants in Zurich
Price range: US$13 - US$22
Cuisines: German, Swiss, Bar, European, Central European
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Zurich, Switzerland
“Authentic Food for a Great Price”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is the place where you meet the locals from the blue collar worker to bankers and professors. The menu is unabashed good and solid Swiss food with hearty portions at a very reasonable price. The jumbo jumbo Cordon Bleu is a classic for the very hungry.

• Visited May 2014

• Greek first
NY
“Warm & Welcoming”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Went here with a group of 5 other ladies. Our train from Milan was late, late, late, so we had time for just a late dinner and a nap before leaving again in the morning. It was a short walk from our hotel and it was OPEN! However, it was also delicious! I thought the schnitzel would be breaded like it is in America, but our pork was served unbreaded-- still yummy. The rosti potatoes were SO good. Crunchy, salty, creamy. The manager took a group photo for us, taking almost a dozen pictures until he was satisfied it was good. Very accommodating and friendly staff, delicious food. For more, visit my food blog at Stuff I Ate (dot) net!

• Visited January 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Decent Food at a Good Price”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We went here on our last night in Zurich for an inexpensive meal. Prices are very reasonable for traditional Swiss food compared to many other places. Mostly wurst and VERY large pieces of schnitzel, but I asked for a cold platter to eat light and was given a nice plate of cheese, salami, and ham. Beer was very, very good. The waitress was very busy but still I think that our service was timely by European standards.

I recommend this place for very good beer with reasonably priced Swiss food. I did not see any evidence of bad service while inside the restaurant, and it was frequented mostly by locals.

Visited July 2014
Zurich, Switzerland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad attitude waiter”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Just walk off from this restaurant an hour ago. I was there asking for menu in English. This waiter ask me to wait at the side. While waiting, I just read the menu on the table & found there is menu in English. In less than a minute, he walk to me with unfriendly face & shouted: "I ask you to wait! Oh! You can read German? I am also fine with it." & just walk away & pretend busy doing his stuff. This is absolutely bad attitude. Can you just be patient & serve the menu in English?
My trip to Switzerland almost perfect but spoiled by this rude waiter.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Bryan L
Wichita, Kansas
“Great atmosphere, service, good food”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We ate here twice, both times the food was very good. The first night in Zurich we ate inside, at a large community table, very German style. The second time we ate outside. The service was very good both times.

• Visited May 2014