“Extraordinary good”

Price range: US$31 - US$52
Cuisines: International, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our restaurant, which has been awarded 16 Gault Millau points and one Michelin star, offers light and imaginative cuisine. Fresh, home-grown quality products are combined with carefully selected ingredients from all over the world and perfectly put together to create a balanced culinary trip. Here, new, unexpected and inspiring dishes are being developed. Go with the flow, treat yourself, and be surprised by the diversity of flavours offered by our creations.
Reviewed 14 April 2014

It is an experience to be done. A little bit expensive but the food and the atmosphere is worth! Between the main courses there are lots of "amuse bouches".

There are newer reviews for Restaurant Spice

Reviewed 16 March 2014

This is my favorite place for summer time- great layout, friendly service and tasty menu. Also great place to grab a beer or have afternoon tea in an early spring day like today. They can be a bit packed during weekend and might be under- staffed occasionally though.

Christian G, Geschäftsführer at Restaurant Spice, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Jessie,
Thank you so much for your lovely comment and inclusive your amazing summer statement. We appreciate your awareness, we take your input seriously.
See you soon, spring is here and summer is coming soon!
Kind regards, your Spice Team

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I visited this restaurant with my wife on a Saturday evening. The place was half full.
We did no investigate too much and we trusted the reputation of the place.
I knew that few years ago this was one of the top restaurants in Zurich even though we have never eaten there before.
The location is definitely very nice, probably more in summer than in winter because of the beautiful view and proximity to the forest.
It overlooks Zurich.
The décor and ambience of the place has remained intact and no changes were made.
The welcoming was fine and we were seated on a nice front table.
The table is large and comfortable and the décor and setting minimalist, which I like.
We had an aperitif (25 Sfr per glass of champagne) which was served with some nice amuse bouche.
My wife choose 4 courses while I choose 5.
All of the dishes were very nicely presented, no doubt.
However, I did not find the same “culinary excitement” on the palate.
Few examples….I found the foie gras mousse too rich in gelee. The chicken balls were deep fried and this was covering the entire taste. The beef was served with a chocolate sauce which did not taste any chocolate but only meat fond.
All the decorations of the plate added little if any taste to the dish.
The only course I found worth was the white chocolate mousse with cucumber; an interesting and well-made combination.
Additionally to the champagne, we had a glass of white wine and 2 glasses of red wine.
The total bill was 450Sfr.
We did not find it worth the meal and would not come back. At this price, there are better culinary experiences around.

1  Thank DEFE7275
Christian G, Geschäftsführer at Restaurant Spice, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your rating and your detailed comment. We apologize for not exceeding your expetations regarding the taste adventure. We test several ways of taste and preparations and unfortunately we shouldn't meet your taste and we are sorry for that.
We would like to welcoming you one more time to convince you and your wife not only of the location and our services but also the taste.
We are looking forward to welcoming you here at the Restaurant Spcie for a second chance of a delightful meal.
Kind regards,
Your Spice Team

Reviewed 5 November 2013

This place was amazing. The food was some of the best i have ever had and the presentation on the plates was very artful. The waiter and sommelier were very helpful. I would like to come back for a special occasion.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I visited Spice with friends for a special birthday lunch and loved every delicious, imaginative bite. So much thought was given to every intricate detail of the food, and all four of us were continually delighted by its surprising textures, colors, and flavor combinations. If you are in Zürich and enjoy fine food, this is a wonderful place to go. But what makes it even better is going for lunch! At lunch, you can get 3 courses for CHF 54 or 4 courses for CHF 62. Four courses for dinner, on the other hand, costs CHF 145. I do agree with some of the other reviews that the ambience is a bit cold, but the service was lovely, and it all added up to be finest meal I've had in Zürich so far.