“This restaurant is closed”
Review of Mr Wong - CLOSED

Mr Wong
Price range: US$13 - US$20
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Buffet, Takeout
Zurich, Switzerland
“This restaurant is closed”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I walked by this restaurant during the first week of July 2013, and it closed for business. All signs and any indication with the name Mr. Wong has been removed from the windows and the exterior of the building.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank FormerCaliBoy

Adrian, Michigan
1,302 restaurant reviews
“Decent Choice”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We decided on this place almost by default. There were so many things closed on Sunday that our choices were limited. The interior of this place was spacious and decked out in the expected Chinese paraphernalia but it was not elegant by any means. This was a place where one orders at the counter and then they call the order number when it is ready. I had the cashew chicken while my colleague had the sweet and sour chicken. In both cases, we had the same reaction concluding that they were OK. My cashew chicken almost had the hint of a flavor of maple syrup which was unexpected for that type of dish. But it was decent and did hit the spot for a hungry tourist. The prices were pretty reasonable considering it was Zurich and the counter service was competent. In all, it was not a bad choice and perhaps the best we could do on Sunday. But I would have to think there are better alternatives most of the time.

• Visited May 2013
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
“Delicious Meal at Mister Wong Restaurant”
Reviewed 4 May 2013

We visited Mister Wong Restaurant near the central station in Zurich. I am not very if Mr Wong Restaurant and Mister Wong Restaurant are the same or not, but here I am talking about Mister Wong Restaurant (Chinese Restaurant). We ordered chicken sweet and sour with rice and fish sweet and sour with rice, the food was too good.

• Visited April 2013
“Unforgettable meal”
Reviewed 6 February 2013 via mobile

Located at a catchy place. Randomly picked since there were days without Chinese food. Unfortunately, it was a bad choice. The fried noodles were oily and nothing more like plain noodles mixed with dark soy sauce. Furthermore, the 'chefs' don't look like Chinese, Indonesian? Thai? Burmese?

With this price? Absolutely can get something better.

Colorado, United States
“Awful food and service”
Reviewed 23 December 2012

It was simply awful. The food didn't taste like anything. It was totally overpriced for the food I got.They even charged me 2,3 Francs (around 3 dollars) for a glass of tap water. I won't ever go back to this restaurant and i do not recommend it. There are much better choices around that area.

• Visited December 2012