“Excellent food and service”
Review of The Ufford Crown

The Ufford Crown
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Ufford
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Cuisines: French, Steakhouse, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Ufford Crown is owned and run by Max Durrant and Polly, with Polly's brother who is the Chef, Will Hardiman. We pride ourselves on our food and wines.Max has managed numerous pubs in London and the Home Counties before taking over The Crown with his vision of creating a 'go to' location with superb service, superb food and superb drink. His brother-in-law Will Hardiman runs the kitchen as Head Chef to create a real 'family team'.You'll always be given a warm welcome in the pub and the dining ranges from full meals to sandwiches and 'light bites'. Come along and 'give us a try', you won't be dissapointed. The large, light and spacious pub has a dining area, plus a bar and 'reading room' to relax in. Booking is advisable on 01394 461030 but we welcome 'walk in' diners and our menu changes daily, using local produce and quality ingredients.
Saxmundham, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 4 June 2011

The Ufford Crown has reopened with a new menu and seems to be doing very well. We very much enjoyed our lunch. My Moule Frite was very good. My son’s burger with Cheese and Bacon was really special, certainly one of the best I’ve ever tasted. Served on Ciabatta style bun with a really nice salad and chips, it was perfectly cooked and totally delicious. My wife’s roast pork sandwich was excellent, with lots of very good crackling and a tasty apple sauce. The salmon rillettes were also lovely. The deserts were accomplished, well presented and delicious. Service was efficient and extremely friendly. We will definitely be returning.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank tloha

Sunny Suffolk
“Bright, clean, restraunt, good food, very reasonable prices.”
Reviewed 2 November 2010

Just dropped in and found new owners cheery and pleasant. The restraunt was lovely, clean, bright and spacious. The parking was very convenient, there is a large car park immediately in front of the inn. Down a few low steps that even my disabled wife found she could negotiate.
Inside, a clean tidy bar area and a superb restraunt, the service was excellent and the meals were both tasty and filling, The prices were very reasonable and we left feeling full, satisfied and determined to revisit. For locals, within four miles, there is a taxi service which I was told was free at certain times during the week. That alone is well worth a try out, I do like a drop of 'Adanam's ale' but never indulge when I'm driving.
Why this place is not bulging at the seams is a mystery to us, I think that not enough people are aware of just how good it is. My wife and I would both recommend this inn to our friends or anyone visiting.
It's only a short distance from Woodbridge and well worth taking the trouble to find, as it's slightly off the beaten track, but only slightly and no problem to find. There is not enough customers there to make it full, so a few more would make for a 'cosier' atmosphere, that said, it is also a plus to be away from the crowd!

1 Thank DaveJean_9
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
“Excellent ; tasty food offering value for money with good service.”
Reviewed 9 September 2010

Had a Sunday lunch here recently and thoroughly enjoyed it. My wife started with pea and ham soup and I had a bacon and brie salad; both starters were very enjoyable. We followed that with two fish main dishes; one cod and one salmon, accompanied by a bottle of white wine from their list.. Both dishes were generous portion sizes and very tasty; faultless in fact. Coupled with the friendly service, pleasant surroundings and value for money prices, we will definitely return soon.

1 Thank CJS27