“The Best”

Ranked #1 of 1 Lamphey B&B and Inns
llandeilo
“The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

I have eaten at the Dial Inn for many years and in my opinion if you want freshly cooked delicious food instead of the standard ' bought in ' microwave stuff this is the place to go. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming and the best garlic mushrooms anywhere !! They are served in a delicious puff pastry envelope and are wonderfully garlicky. The meat is of the highest quality and dishes freshly prepared. Mrs Richards makes the yummy puddings and one just has to have three courses as it all tastes so good. Would recommend the Dial if you want proper food!!

Room Tip: All the rooms have beautiful bathrooms and lavish furnishings
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pulidogs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

I had a great experience while staying at the The Dial Inn in Lamphey. The room was spacious and clean, the staff were super friendly and welcoming and the food was absolutely amazing (I recommend the fish with the ginger crust and the lovely Sunday lunch!)

I will definitely go back to The Dial Inn.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Camilinhaa
Worcesterhire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

Well we have just had three lovely days at the inn where the staff are pleasant and professional
Where the food is better than momma used to make and bedrooms are not boxes with no character .... The opposite they are large extremely comfortable with beautiful fitments and clean..
Highly recommended

Des an Chris

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

Lamphey isn't in my copy of the Lonely Planet, but the Dial Inn would be a welcome addition to any travel guide. By chance I stayed at the Dial Inn in Lamphey instead of making it through to nearby Tenby (which is in my Lonely Planet) and am thankful for the coincidence. Staying at the Dial Inn was like being a fly on the wall, or being invited into the family home of (what I can only imagine) a typical British village.
The staff were lovely and friendly, and had a clear rapport with the regulars, who were equally friendly - and generous (thank you Lee for the drinks). Brits can so often be unwelcoming or suspicious of strangers, but at once we felt like we were also a part of the furniture, and accepted as honorary locals.
While waiting for our meals, the local cider I sampled was superb, and served with a smile - in fact, lots of smiles, as the atmosphere at the bar was so warm and very friendly and refreshing. The food was delicious - I recommend the Lamphey lamb - and much better than I was expecting from somewhere so remote.
I feel I can hardly review the room, as we spent most of our stay in the restaurant and bar with our new friends, but they were nothing short of what you would expect from somewhere much busier - clean, excellent size, comfortable and with a great view out the window of the typical Welsh "green, green grass".
One of the highlights of our trip to Britain was the night we spent as 'locals' in this Lamphey inn, and I have sure got some mileage out of the stories. I couldn't have asked for a friendlier, more welcoming and pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JButler17
Cardigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

Teled the week before to check if open for food -yes,every day and Mondays-pleasant woman added,would be pleased to see you! We went on the Tuesday !!,Useful car park at the side off- road,garden,but this was 6.30 evening October..Inviting front,little lights not detracting from a view into the Inn of a well stocked bar to the right,and to left a dining room/ area.Although empty ,a girl at the bar greeted us,spoke good English,with the accent of distant European in those James Bond movies.
My friend asked for a drink-which I d never heard of-and neither the girl-(apparently ,an Italian beer!) I asked for just a small real ale -oh,dear ,not on- tonight.No ,problem.
Given menus,walked into a nice restaurant,good tables,chairs,not a huge place ,but tables not huddled together,open fire -gas flame-burning,lovely quirk-china displayed around,with display cabinets-best of all,big prop.fans hanging from the ceiling-brought you back to the movies,Bogart and Lauren ,perhaps Singapore!
Pleasant ,perhaps local ,young waitress,obliging ,and coming forward ,regularly to get order,but not pushy-good approach.First ,choice-oh,dear,not on tonight.Jokingly,I said to the Bond girl-,you will have to help,here,we are restaurant,journalists,all 3 things we asked for,so far,-not on. We were nt complaining,really making light of it.It was a big menu-would you keep the lot-on a Tuesday night in W.Wales?
We both chose,basically,cod and chips!-this was beautiful quality,beautifully cooked.Waiting for this was a good sign-it was nt a fast food place.We were asked a good 3 times if all ok.Ordering a second beer,the Bond girl came forward with a sample glass of the real ale-she had remembered- she came over to say it was now ow.I ordered..
We did not have a sweet -but saw good looking stuff going to an another table.Best coffee I have had for decades in a restaurant,nice china as well.
We came in at 6.30 and left at 10.45.I was later told that they were interested to know we were food journalists-so I came clean, we were not-and told them the Inn was very good,the staff /service were very good-it was noticeably better than many big starred restaurants-not pricey for a full evening.Recommend to anyone.(Would I make a food journalist!)

Room Tip: did nt stay-eating/drink only
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank j0hnsutt0n
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

I had the pleasure of staying three nights at the Dial Inn in Lamphey a few weeks ago, and I must say that I am a little miffed by some of the negative comments below.

I arrived by train in the early evening, and was welcomed by the barkeep, whom I later found out is the son of the landlord.

He immediately offered me a drink, took my luggage and showed me up to my room - which was very clean, quiet and comfortable, (with en-suite bathroom/shower).

The food was excellent - far better than I expected - freshly prepared, and the service very relaxed, informal and friendly, and I was treated almost as a VIP guest throughout my stay.

I met a number of interesting people there, and we had some good philosophical chats around the bar, and were treated on a couple of occasions to some impromptu live acoustic music.

I genuinely had a good time, and will definitely consider staying again when I next visit Pembrokeshire.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank jerry r
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

Very very good food, (though i had to wait as it looked busy) and a very comfortable room. Bathroom was excellent as was the balcony overlooking the village.. A bit of a caberet with the Landlady (a sort of Peggy Mitchel type lady!) I witnessed her argue with a young rogue type and send him packing when I first arrived.. Very friendly staff.. I'd definitely go back.

Room Tip: I had room 3
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank George P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lamphey
BEST WESTERN Lamphey Court Hotel
#1 of 3 in Lamphey
Tregenna Bed & Breakfast
Tregenna Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 16 in Pembroke

Been to The Dial Inn? Share your experiences!