“Local”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Worth a visit, nice beer garden. Games room. Friendly staff. Didn't eat here so cant comment but restaurant looked appealing.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Did not dine here due to the first pint of ale being terrible. Obviously not selling enough real ale and my selection must have been sitting in pipes for too many days. Should know better and should not keep ale on. Menu not very inspiring.

4  Thank boxey321
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Appalling service, compounded by the lack of key menu items: we were told that the vegetarian curry was not available and were offered a chicken curry instead! Over-priced and average food. Not impressed..! We would not recommend this restaurant..

4  Thank Holger G
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I grew up in Lamphey and the Dial Inn used to be a great pub with good food. Used to...
I took a group of friends there in May for a meal and from the start it was a strange experience.

The pub was pretty empty but everything seemed a bit strained from the minute we walked in.

The kids wanted to play pool but there was no chalk and the juke box swallowed their money.Trying to get their £1 back proved to be quite a task.

One of the two older women working there couldn't be bothered and basically grunted at me to ask at the bar and walked off. Eventually the other woman who looked like she'd rather be outside smoking strolled in, switched the machine off with all 'my' songs playing and said it was broken...I followed her to the bar twice, waited and she eventually gave the kids their £1 back. Off to a good start!

The restaurant is tired, dark, damp, in need of decorating and has paint peeling off the walls. The complicated menu has about 50+ meals on it, there are 'specials', 'others' 'bar meals' a la carte' and various other odd sections.

You know if a little pub has a menu as long as the yellow pages it's going to go wrong somewhere and it did. Simply ordering proved tricky - missed orders and attitude but we got there in the end. The food arrived and it was very average to say the least.

I had a tiny, pretty raw steak, no veg or salad and some oven-cooked croquette things with it - completely over priced for what it was, in excess of £15. Everyone was underwhelmed, my wife's food was cold/bordering on inedible.

Puddings were good but had a touch of the 'fresh out of the micro-wave' about them. A kids pudding turned up as an adults one, which were charged for, but by that point we just wanted to leave. We left first to put the kids to bed so asked for our bill.

Plenty of eye rolling - splitting up the bill?! Same miserable woman (owner) walked off as was standing there ready to pay. She re-appeared eventually after she'd served some drinks and done a few other more important things like 'wiping ashtrays' and we slowly went through the bill, old school style with pencil and notepad.

We finally paid and off we went, vowing never to eat there again. Later on I found out my friends had been charged for some our food! and had had a big argument in the pub over it but eventually given in and paid.

I know it's been up for sale for ages and they probably can't be bothered any more but you can't run a business like that. The young waitresses were good. Management terrible. Chef was good at heating things up but hasn't moved on since the 70s.

I now understand why most of the locals don't go there any more. Shame

4  Thank martin_aaron
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We dined at the Dial inn on fathers day June 15th.We had forgotten that everywhere was so busy,so we called in at the restaurant not expecting to get in.Nothing of the sort,the young man asked us to wait a couple of moments and hey presto,we were seated.We had an exceptional meal all the more enjoyable made by the son(George) and mother(i think)having the odd scirmish!(they were very busy!)I hope i dont sound critical because they were such nice people.Anyway if you are roundabout the area call in,you wont be disappointed.