I stayed there for 3 weeks nearly in a row (only spending the first week end at home): Here below are the different pleasant or unpleasant experiences I had with this hotel; as a professional auditor I do try to remain objective. At the beginning of my stay I considered applying for the Best Western privileged guest card but after the first two days I gave up the idea. I must mention that I was not auditing this hotel but staying there in order to audit a different company. I had chosen the hotel because it was not too far from the place I had to go everyday; the booking was done through a travel agent.
- Upon arrival in my room on the first day, I noticed that the toilet flush was not properly functioning and I reported this to the desk lady. She promised that it would be fixed; the second day, after I noticed nothing had been fixed, I complained again and I got the same promise, the third day, the same, and so on…Friendly and promising but totally inefficient. Finally, before leaving for the week-end, I stressed that upon my coming back on the Sunday night back I wanted a different room. They recorded my request and when I came back on Sunday they were happy to give me the same room…I started to look around to check whether there were hidden camera (may be they were making fun of me ?). I refused the room and they gave me a big one with toilets that were working…
- I used twice the laundry service : the first time it took 2 full days to get my clothes back and they returned half wet in a garbage bag. There is no need to mention the ironing. The second time they were returned to me the same day, dry and properly folded. At least they didn’t charge this service as I discovered when paying the bill.
- The internet access works pretty well and doesn’t need any access code. On the other hand there is none in the vicinity except the hotel’s guests…
- The surrounding is very quiet except for the talktive raven and the sheeps that some time express orally their thoughts.
- In the room I had for the second part of my stay, the mirror in the bathroom was above the heater but not above the sink, which was facing the heater…interesting design when you have to shave…There were alive spiders (with their webs) above one bed so I chose the other one, hoping that the house keeping would raise their eyes and kick them out. No. Probably they were privileged guest and they stayed the whole time of my stay.
- The food in the restaurants was most of the time nice and the service generally good (it seems their restaurant is quite popular so it is better to let them a little while in advance if you are going to eat there).
- For my last two days I was relocated to a huge and cold house because, for some reason I still don’t understand, my booking had been cancelled. So the hotel had packed up my stuff and when I returned from work I was kindly informed that my room had been given to another guest and that I had to stay in that remote house, alone. They apologized a lot and I was assured that there would be no difference and that my room would be serviced the same way as before. Although I opened the heater, it remained cold…like the weather. The next morning, no hot water at all in the bathroom…I informed the reception and they promised that I would get some in the evening. In the evening, the room and bathroom had not been cleaned…and there was no hot water. Thanks God it was my last day. When I checked out, they didn’t ask if the stay was ok…
- If you don’t like old fashion furniture and design this place is not for you.
As a general summary this is definitely not a place for business travelers (hotel is VERY far from this standard), probably more suitable for retired hikers who stay there for only a couple of days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lamphey Court Hotel & Spa is Pembrokeshire's best kept secret, a stunning country hotel set in beautiful grounds. The new Spa is a great addition & offers a full range of therapies & treatments has a state of art gym & sauna,steam room,spa bath,tennis courts & an infinity heated swimmimg pool. Set in the heart of Pembrokeshire, close to sandy beaches, the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park & the historic Preseli Hills. The hotel is in a south facing position with unspoiled views across the Pembrokeshire countryside next to the beautiful medieval Bishop's palace. Also within a short drive is Oakwood theme Park and Manor House Wildlife Park, Caldey Island with it's Cistercian monastery & countless historic castles, such as Carew and Pembroke. Lamphey Court Hotel & Spa is the jewel of Pembrokeshire, a perfect location, whether on business (close to the Milford Haven Waterway) or for pleasure, with family or as a couple. Escape to the tranquility and luxury of this stunning location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Lamphey Court Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Pembroke
- Pembroke Best Western
- Best Western Lamphey Court Hotel & Spa Pembroke