“Great Stay - Not long enough!”

Best Western Lamphey Court Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lamphey
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

A good quality hotel, spotless exterior, warm and friendly staff, hotel is well appointed and has all the modern amenities, feel and decor is a period building but with fresh modern twist in public use areas.

Drinks and food all priced average.

Will return soon

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank valley_wonderer
Clare D, Manager at Best Western Lamphey Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give feed back on your stay - your comments have been passed onto the team and we look forward to seeing you again.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Lamphey Court Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I booked a spa weekend through a company online for 2 nights on the 25th October 2013, for myself and my mum as a treat which was very reasonable. We didn't expect when we arrived to stay in such a beautiful old building which has been well maintained and we could see that normally it would be very expensive to stay here, so we felt very lucky. We had a lovely welcome from the start and during our stay the staff were so nice and attentive at meal times and the food wow it was amazing! We were entitled to a 3 course meal on the first night which was included in the package, we didn't realise there would be a minimum of £25 to spend I thought we would just be offered the cheapest options. But to have 3 courses we would of gone over, so we shared a dessert, but to be honest the food was so good and actually a lot of it and so we could never of eaten a dessert each after a starter and main! There is plenty of choice, one thing though was there seemed to be chirizo and blackpudding in a lot of the choices and it did get a bit much after a while, but I would recommend the Pork belly it was gorgeous and the ice cream yummy! Our twin room was lovely, I always expect hotel rooms to be cold so I came prepared, but very surprised it was so cosy and the heating was on full blast! Also it was lovely to have a bath, it was a nice deep one so to stretch out was lovely ( I don't have one at home) so that was a treat too! I don't sleep well on first nights away, but the bed was very comfy, i'd say the pillows were quite hard but they had softened by the second night and I slept well. The spa was the best part, we spent 3 hours there (1 hour for treatments). We used all the facilities apart from the gym, but that looked very spacious and fully equipped! The girls there were lovely and very good at the treatments, I had a massage and facial which I loved and so relaxing (facial recommended highly). My mum had a pedicure and manicure, she loved it but a bit disappointed with the nail varnish. We went out that afternoon and it had peeled off, now it might of been because of a coat of something put on before the varnish, but she went back and they redid them them which was good of them. But now at home it's happened again, so they maybe should look into the product itself and maybe change it! But apart from that hiccup we loved it and felt very pampered, relaxed and very spoilt, didn't expect the gown, slippers etc:)! We also used our free time to go out and go to Tenby itself, which I happened to look at another review and it said 20mins drive which it was so pleased with that and it was nice even if it was windy! We would of gone to Haverford West but shopping would not of been a good idea on a budget, we were informed by one of the girls in the spa that a new Debenhams has opened there so may do that next time! The Hotel is in a very pretty location, it's lovely to see it emerging through the trees as you drive down the lane and would definitely recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Heather S
Clare D, Manager at Best Western Lamphey Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Firstly thank you for your comments we have found them very useful & have passed them on to the team.

We have been considering a change in our nail product and feel that it is defiantly something we will do in the future along with the chef taking on board your comments as he will be releasing our Autumn menu next week so your feed back was greatly appreciated.

We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

My colleague and I were booked into this hotel while on business in West Wales. I had read some variable reviews so was not sure what to expect. It is a vety impressive Georgian building with other converted old buildings and new buildings, one housing the spa. Good car parking at the hotel.

On arrival I was allocated a room in the West Wing. It was spacious and comfortable with good tea & coffee facilities and comfortable chairs. There was also a table with convenient power points for work and good lighting. Television had a good range of channels. The bathroom had a good selection of toiletries and was clean and fresh. The two menus offered a good selection of dishes from which we were invited to mix and match and relatively reasonably priced.

Buffet and hot breakfast is served from 06.30 to 09.30 which suited my colleague and I well as we had an early start each day. I was very happy with my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Traveller0014
Clare D, Manager at Best Western Lamphey Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Firstly thank you for your feedback, it has been passed onto the team, I am happy to hear that you where impressed with the service standards
I feel that we are constantly looking at how to ensure all guest leave the hotel feeling the same way as you did and hope that more people who have an enjoyable experience with us share their feedback as well as those who may have been disappointed.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

When we first saw the hotel and the location we were very impressed. This was soon dashed on our first evening meal. The service was appalling, no napkins, no wine list given until it was too late in the meal. Very very slow service nearly an hour for each of the two courses when the restaurant was not busy. My wife's chicken was inedible as it was so tough and stringy she was put off and left it all, when the full plate was collected no comment was made. When returned to the room there was no heating, tried to ring reception got no reply- there was no heating for the first two nights out of the 7 nights we stayed. The bathplug chain had come away from the plug and could only be got out with a spoon- this was never fixed. We had two dead flies by the bath all week and the towels were never tidied up off the radiator and placed on the towel rack in all the time we were there. The outside stairs up to our studio room were tiled and lethal when wet as had no grip on them. The breakfast had something from the menu missing every day even basic items- though the staff at breakfast were very good and tried their best. Needless to say for the rest of the 6 evening meals we ate at an exceptional hotel just up the road, which put this hotel to shame. This was our first holiday for over a decade together and were really looking forward to it but were bitterly disappointed- the spa was the only saving grace as it was very good- shame about the rest.

Room Tip: The studio flat was spacious and well equipped, but the double bed was far too small to be comfortab...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank RogerGS S
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed for two nights as a group of 60 people. The room was good and warm. everyone is friendly. However there is a serious issue with staff training and organisation in the restaurant. For dinner the tables were not set out correctly in that 1/2 pint beer glasses for water and no wine glasses which were eventually brought but of four different sizes with only one glass per diner. The white wine was warm and returned. The second bottle was also warm and requested an ice bucket and ice; only a handful of ice in the bucket and asked for more ice which was brought without question but could have no more as all ice used! Another diner asked for an extra bread roll and after several times of asking and 10 minutes later it arrived to be told it was the last roll in the hotel. We had champagne at the table but the glasses were of 3 different sizes. The quality of the food was poor and only one course served at a time to all tables so someone who ordered a fourth choice on the menu had to wait 20 minutes for their food by which time the first serving had gone cold. There was no organisation where one table should be served at a time and completed. A wake up call was requested by a the room next door but instead of phoning to wake the guest someone hammered on their door waking several people. At breakfast we requested yoghurt to be told it was coming, thinking it was coming from the kitchen. After several requests we were told she had made phone calls but the lorry had not arrived with the yoghurt!
The hotel has nice views but is really at Pembroke ( about 2 miles away ) whereas it is 5 miles from Tenby.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room in the hotel main building not in the annexe as there is an outdoor walk to...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank GordonW318
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This is a great hotel and is in a really good location. I was on a break for a few days and chose it as it is a Best Western. The room was really nice and the hotel is amazing. The food in the restaurant was very good and wasn't disappointed at all. We ate in every night and didn't feel we had to go somewhere else. The staff were friendly and polite and very helpful.
There is a nice lounge area to sit and read and just relax.
There is a spa attached to the hotel as well and I was able t use the gym which has a good selection of equipment. The pool is a fair size although I didn't use it.
I was on a hiking break and was able to walk from the hotel to the Pembroke Coastal walk and then along the coast. The town of Tenby is nearby and has great selection or pubs and Restaurants, Pembroke is also nearer but only has a castle worth visiting.
Overall I was able to relax and really enjoyed the break, it is very quiet location.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Firstly Thank you for your feed back, I have passed it onto all the team. I hope that other traveler's will see that we have improved our restaurant service standards & share your views on Lamphey Court & the team.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I have stayed many times at this hotel over the past few years and I have recommended it for good food to a number of people. On previous visits the food has been of a high quality and some of the best in the area, however on my recent visit this wasnt the case and I was disappointed. I was told that the chef had changed.

Dinner was satisfactory at best, we had missing items from our courses and the quality was just ok. Breakfast wasnt much better, watery scrambled egg and visrtully no smoked salmon.

The other features of the hotel were good, the rooms and common areas need some refurbishment but the gym and spa are very good.

Room Tip: Executive doubles have more room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank celtic59

Firstly Thank you for your feed back, I hope you will accept that this was due to changes in the kitchen team and can assure you that our head Chef has addressed this and the food quality that you have experienced previously is now available.

We hope to see you and your friend return to enjoy this once again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lamphey
Lamphey Hall Hotel
#1 of 2 in Pembroke Dock
Beggars Reach Hotel
Beggars Reach Hotel
#1 of 1 in Burton

Been to Best Western Lamphey Court Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!