“Lovely old building”

Best Western Lamphey Court Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lamphey
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Comfortable, attractive hotel. Spacious room with good view and although it was a bit of a hike, being right at the end of first floor corridors , it was worth it. Good sized bathroom. Friendly, helpful staff. Location set above small quiet village and convenient for exploring the area. The Pembrokeshire Coast is one of the most stunning in the country. Too much to see in short visit. Food very good. The Spa has good facilities and a lovely pool. Our only negative comment is that our dinner, which was delicious, took far too long to arrive ( not sure why). Would definitely visit this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Val R
Clare D, Manager at Best Western Lamphey Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give feed back on your stay, I have passed your comments onto the team.

Apologies that you felt the waiting time for food was too long. I have spoken to the kitchen and there have been no obvious delay's. I am unsure what you ordered, as dishes are cooked from fresh and if for example you ordered the Lamb rump medium to well done this could take up to 25 minutes, however the waiting staff should inform you of this. I will highlight this with all restaurant team.

We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We went for a 2 day break and really enjoyed our stay. The staff were excellent with a friendly attitude. The room was very well appointed, spacious and clean. The hotel is situated up a drive in grounds with a lovely aspect. We had breakfast and 2 evening meals the food was very good and the service excellent. I would return to this hotel and have already recommended it to friends.
Well worth a visit!
Adrian

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are large, family rooms are across the court yard
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank opusarte
Clare D, Manager at Best Western Lamphey Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for your feed back - I have passed this onto our team.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly for the best available rates on Spa Packages, Christmas Packages and room rates.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Not a cheap hotel. Went here on honeymoon. Musky smell, tiles missing in bathroom, flies in the dusty light fittings, dirty. It was just awful. Left early and went elsewhere which was better, but it still soured the trip. Do yourself a favour and go anywhere else!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Clare D, Manager at Best Western Lamphey Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Thank you for your feedback - I must say I am shocked and will carry out a full investigation into this with the team here.

Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

A good quality hotel, spotless exterior, warm and friendly staff, hotel is well appointed and has all the modern amenities, feel and decor is a period building but with fresh modern twist in public use areas.

Drinks and food all priced average.

Will return soon

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank valley_wonderer

Thank you for taking the time to give feed back on your stay - your comments have been passed onto the team and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I booked a spa weekend through a company online for 2 nights on the 25th October 2013, for myself and my mum as a treat which was very reasonable. We didn't expect when we arrived to stay in such a beautiful old building which has been well maintained and we could see that normally it would be very expensive to stay here, so we felt very lucky. We had a lovely welcome from the start and during our stay the staff were so nice and attentive at meal times and the food wow it was amazing! We were entitled to a 3 course meal on the first night which was included in the package, we didn't realise there would be a minimum of £25 to spend I thought we would just be offered the cheapest options. But to have 3 courses we would of gone over, so we shared a dessert, but to be honest the food was so good and actually a lot of it and so we could never of eaten a dessert each after a starter and main! There is plenty of choice, one thing though was there seemed to be chirizo and blackpudding in a lot of the choices and it did get a bit much after a while, but I would recommend the Pork belly it was gorgeous and the ice cream yummy! Our twin room was lovely, I always expect hotel rooms to be cold so I came prepared, but very surprised it was so cosy and the heating was on full blast! Also it was lovely to have a bath, it was a nice deep one so to stretch out was lovely ( I don't have one at home) so that was a treat too! I don't sleep well on first nights away, but the bed was very comfy, i'd say the pillows were quite hard but they had softened by the second night and I slept well. The spa was the best part, we spent 3 hours there (1 hour for treatments). We used all the facilities apart from the gym, but that looked very spacious and fully equipped! The girls there were lovely and very good at the treatments, I had a massage and facial which I loved and so relaxing (facial recommended highly). My mum had a pedicure and manicure, she loved it but a bit disappointed with the nail varnish. We went out that afternoon and it had peeled off, now it might of been because of a coat of something put on before the varnish, but she went back and they redid them them which was good of them. But now at home it's happened again, so they maybe should look into the product itself and maybe change it! But apart from that hiccup we loved it and felt very pampered, relaxed and very spoilt, didn't expect the gown, slippers etc:)! We also used our free time to go out and go to Tenby itself, which I happened to look at another review and it said 20mins drive which it was so pleased with that and it was nice even if it was windy! We would of gone to Haverford West but shopping would not of been a good idea on a budget, we were informed by one of the girls in the spa that a new Debenhams has opened there so may do that next time! The Hotel is in a very pretty location, it's lovely to see it emerging through the trees as you drive down the lane and would definitely recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Heather S
Clare D, Manager at Best Western Lamphey Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Firstly thank you for your comments we have found them very useful & have passed them on to the team.

We have been considering a change in our nail product and feel that it is defiantly something we will do in the future along with the chef taking on board your comments as he will be releasing our Autumn menu next week so your feed back was greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

My colleague and I were booked into this hotel while on business in West Wales. I had read some variable reviews so was not sure what to expect. It is a vety impressive Georgian building with other converted old buildings and new buildings, one housing the spa. Good car parking at the hotel.

On arrival I was allocated a room in the West Wing. It was spacious and comfortable with good tea & coffee facilities and comfortable chairs. There was also a table with convenient power points for work and good lighting. Television had a good range of channels. The bathroom had a good selection of toiletries and was clean and fresh. The two menus offered a good selection of dishes from which we were invited to mix and match and relatively reasonably priced.

Buffet and hot breakfast is served from 06.30 to 09.30 which suited my colleague and I well as we had an early start each day. I was very happy with my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Traveller0014
Clare D, Manager at Best Western Lamphey Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Firstly thank you for your feedback, it has been passed onto the team, I am happy to hear that you where impressed with the service standards
I feel that we are constantly looking at how to ensure all guest leave the hotel feeling the same way as you did and hope that more people who have an enjoyable experience with us share their feedback as well as those who may have been disappointed.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

When we first saw the hotel and the location we were very impressed. This was soon dashed on our first evening meal. The service was appalling, no napkins, no wine list given until it was too late in the meal. Very very slow service nearly an hour for each of the two courses when the restaurant was not busy. My wife's chicken was inedible as it was so tough and stringy she was put off and left it all, when the full plate was collected no comment was made. When returned to the room there was no heating, tried to ring reception got no reply- there was no heating for the first two nights out of the 7 nights we stayed. The bathplug chain had come away from the plug and could only be got out with a spoon- this was never fixed. We had two dead flies by the bath all week and the towels were never tidied up off the radiator and placed on the towel rack in all the time we were there. The outside stairs up to our studio room were tiled and lethal when wet as had no grip on them. The breakfast had something from the menu missing every day even basic items- though the staff at breakfast were very good and tried their best. Needless to say for the rest of the 6 evening meals we ate at an exceptional hotel just up the road, which put this hotel to shame. This was our first holiday for over a decade together and were really looking forward to it but were bitterly disappointed- the spa was the only saving grace as it was very good- shame about the rest.

Room Tip: The studio flat was spacious and well equipped, but the double bed was far too small to be comfortab...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank RogerGS S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lamphey
Lamphey Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Wolf's Castle
Beggars Reach Hotel
Beggars Reach Hotel
#1 of 1 in Burton

Been to Best Western Lamphey Court Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!