Hotels.com
Tracey W
Hotel romantic stay
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 25 Feb 2024
Arrived at the hotel on Friday to a lovley welcome from the reception team, allocated to our room to find the bedroom 23 a lovley spacial room with a super king size bed and clean, shower was hot and bathroom was clean.

Bar area and food was excellent and the staff were friendly and most very welcoming.

Overall experience was good except from being able to hear noise above from others which is not hotels fault, bottle water could be left as a complimentary gesture.

Spa experience was very good and relaxing and we would definitely return
Date of stay: February 2024Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.7 miles from Best Western Lamphey Court Hotel & Spa
3.5 miles from Best Western Lamphey Court Hotel & Spa
View more hotels in Lamphey
1,505 results
All reviews lamphey court steam room afternoon tea studio room leisure facilities the main hotel no lift cooked breakfast lovely setting relaxing break enjoyable stay short break yogurt treatment palace ruins pembrokeshire
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 February 2024

Room was not 4 star, view from room was a wall and a banking, cleanliness was poor, sweet wrappers under the chairs, put towels in the bath to be replaced this was not done, so we had to go to reception to sort out, no new bin liner put in bathroom. When we checked out we mentioned this to the receptionist and she didn't seem bothered. Would not go there again

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2024

The decor is tired. First night we had tepid water which we can deal with. 2nd it was cold.
When we questioned the chilly jacuzzi we were told it is kept at 32/33 for the kids. Far too cool to sit in and relax which is just as well as the chemicals hurt my eyes after a couple of minutes.

The staff were really friendly and helpful.

We had a dulcet gusto machine on our room but were given 1 pod between us for our 2 night stay.

The duvet was a size too small for the bed and very thin/ flat

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank TheDeanesgovisiting
Reviewed 18 February 2024

Considering the amount of money it cost for a single night I would have expected a lot better. The room was poorly maintained (cobwebs,mold and dead spiders) with old fashioned furniture and a relatively small bed. Not the room I expected when I booked. The spa was ok but the sauna and steam room were not open together so had to wait until the following day to use the one I missed the previous day.
On the plus side the breakfast was really good and I couldn't fault it

Room tip: Don't expect Celtic Manor or St Brides
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank James M
Reviewed 9 February 2024

This review is just for the spa. I’m sad to write a negative review however I have reached out to the spa manager but have not been able to get any where with my complaint.
My cousin and I booked a treatment based on an instagram advert.
The treatment we received was 25 minutes shorter than advertised.
I mentioned this to the therapist and showed them the advert and she offered me entry into the pool area as compensation, I explained that I already had paid for entry into the pool area as part of a food package I’d also booked on the same day. I asked to speak to the manager who was not available and was told they would contact me.
I chased up the complaint to be told again that I was offered entry into the pool as compensation for the shortened treatment, to again explain I’d already paid for entry into the pool that day.
I was hoping for a reply and at least some empathy or acknowledgment of the incorrect advert or treatment but nothing.
I find it very disappointing when businesses feel they can short change or rip off guests and not acknowledge any wrong doing.
The pool area is also dirty black mould in the jacuzzi and generally untidy.
It’s a shame that such a fantastic setting isn’t run with a high standard of customer service.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Carly D
Reviewed 7 February 2024

Stunning hotel, I work away a lot…I love a Best Western, my go to hotel if it’s in the area, member for a few years now…collecting those points…👍…Nice old Manor House/mansion, pool and steam room were lovely, surrounded by amazing countryside / coast. I stayed in the separate lodge number 230…really really nice, kitchen/diner, living room, nice bedroom, tree and rose bushes out the front/parking. Will definitely return…need more Best Westerns in Wales, not many there really, only two I think.

• Trip type: Travelled on business