“The boys and Andrea”

Lamphey Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lamphey
“The boys and Andrea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Thanks again to Andrew,Wayne and Andrea for a superb lunchtime. Food excellent , fun and laughter throughout..but mainly the consistantsy over the years we have been using the hotel has always been maintained.. Thank you all.! M. D. P x

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mel H
Andrewjones1990_12, Owner at Lamphey Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the hotel.

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoy visiting us so much, we love to see familiar faces in our restaurant!

we hope to continue entertain you for many more years to come!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

The staff here are very friendly and the accommodation is superb. We had a double room with ensuite jacuzzi bath. Had to be very careful with how much bath lotion we put in the water as the jacuzzi produced a mass of foam!!
The restaurant served an excellent selection of all courses with a two course meal costing about £12 - vary good value for the quantity and quality served.

Room Tip: book direct with the hotel and discuss the room you require
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the hotel.

We are thrilled to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

All staff at the hotel strive to make each guest feel like we are a home from home.

Hopefully we will get to see you again in the near future.
Pembroke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

We have had lunch at Lamphey Hall on numerous occasions and have been highly delighted every time. The food is excellent, the staff friendly and the setting comfortable and well appointed. The menu is extensive and the price very reasonable. We highly recommend Lamphey Hall.

Room Tip: Not stayed overnight.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Brenda O
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the hotel.

We are happy to hear that you regularly enjoy lunch at the hotel and we enjoy seeing familiar faces!

Our 2 course lunch is excellent value for money and our chefs ensure that all food is cooked fresh to order.

Hopefully we will see you again soon.
Brighton, Sussex
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I phoned this hotel to book one night early in July, on a business trip, as Booking.com said that, firstly, there was two rooms available, but then when I tried to book, it said all fully booked. I spoke to the hotel directly, who told me they did have a room for my chosen night. I then booked it, and asked for a confirmation email to be sent. Nothing arrived, but then on the Saturday night ONE WEEK before I was due to arrive, they phoned me to ask when I was going to arrive and I explained that it was for the following week, not that week! I then asked if I could re-book for the following week and after checking, was told that they were now fully booked! I was told that as I didn't cancel (?!) 2 days before, I would be charged for the room. I asked for the manager to contact me to sort this problem out, but since then (over 2 weeks ago) no one has phoned me, but I have phoned 5 or 6 times, always with the promise that the Manager or someone would phone me back the next day or the day after! I spoke again today and the same thing happened - they had problems over the week-end that the manager had to sort out. I travel the country on business and pleasure all the time and this is the first occasion I have had such poor service, with an obviously "Couldn't care less" attitude from management. I think they ought to ask themselves if they are in the right industry.

Room Tip: Get it in writing that you are booked in on the correct date and don't take their word for it...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank curzonsparks
Andrewjones1990_12, Owner at Lamphey Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
The hotel strongly refutes your version of events regarding this booking. We can confirm that you have spoken to a number of staff who have all explained to you that the mistake in regards to the date of your booking was most definitely no fault of the staff. In fact you were only alerted to the matter when our receptionist called to confirm that you were still arriving and what time you were checking in.

It would have been impossible to have made a reservation for the weekend you stated as the hotel has been fully booked since February for a wedding, all rooms were allocated to this function.

We have owned Lamphey Hall for over a decade and yes of course mistakes and over bookings do occur, when this does happen we bend over backwards to try and redeem the situation. However on this occasion the room was booked by yourself to this date and was held for you. On this occasion there is no justification for a refund. We are running a business and have every right to charge for a no show as this room could have been sold over and over again at this time of year.
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

If you're visiting the area then you must visit the restaurant in this hotel. Pork Wellington, lamb shanks and crab salad are AMAZING... I will definitely recommend anyone to try it out. Very friendly staff and very accommodating. Fine dining for half the price. 5star*****

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Raiketa
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the hotel.

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience so much.

Our highly trained chefs use the freshest local ingredients, enhancing the natural rice flavours in the food.

We hope to b able to welcome you to the hotel in the very near future
Middelburg, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel on our way to Ireland. Situated in the middle of the countryside it provides a quiet location to relax. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. Atmosphere is typically British with an abundancy of flowers on the wallpaper. Beds are comfortable and everything was clean. Also enjoyed a dinner in the restaurant. We enjoyed a nice meal. The kitchen paid close attention to detail for the food with little to complain. Only the variation we had asked to one of the side dishes was missed, which was not a big deal. Good value for money.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Bart M
Andrewjones1990_12, Owner at Lamphey Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel.

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

All staff work extremely hard to give the highest attention to detail and ensure that each guest has a relaxing time.

Our chefs ensure that they use the freshest local ingredients, making each dish rich in flavour.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I feel I have to share my feelings about Lamphey Hall Hotel and especially the staff. I stayed with a party of family and friends in March for a celebration birthday. It was wonderful. The food was great-both on the Saturday night, breakfast the next morning and to complete the weekend a superb late Sunday lunch. The staff cannot do enough to please and at every point, make you feel you and your party are the only people that matter, even though their restaurant is full to capacity and everyone wants 'a piece of them'.. Andrea the Manager will put herself out to help in any way she can. Nothing is too much trouble for her. This also applies to the owners Andrew and Wayne - these 3 people work so well together and have fantastic staff who are always smiling. Even though we are local, I cannot wait to return for a meal and be welcomed by the wonderful effervescent and charming Andrea . I am sure that Lamphey Hall Hotel will be updating their premises in the very near future.

Room Tip: Had the double room on the ground floor off the hallway- great romm with a French door opening onto...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Andrewjones1990_12, Owner at Lamphey Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the hotel.

We are thrilled to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

All of the staff work closely together to ensure that all customers enjoy a warm welcome and a relaxing stay.

Your wonderful comments have been passed on to all departments.

We thank you again and look forward to seeing you in the very near future
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lamphey
BEST WESTERN Lamphey Court Hotel
#2 of 2 in Pembroke Dock
Slebech Park
Slebech Park
#3 of 7 in Haverfordwest

Been to Lamphey Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!