“Bampton triangle cycle challenge”
Review of Bull I' Th' Thorn

Bull I' Th' Thorn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hurdlow B&B and Inns
Bampton
“Bampton triangle cycle challenge”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We were looking for somewhere to stay during our 730 mile challenge. We found this pub by chance and it was great. Mike the landlord was very hospitable. He made sure that we were very well looked after when we arrived tired. He made an extra special effort to be around for us when we wanted to leave early. He provided the best breakfast we have had for a long time. More than we could eat I would very highly recommend this pub for a stay if you are near Buxton.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I went here for a meal with my mother after buying a voucher on groupon. The meal we had was delicious and good value for money (even without a groupon!) the interior of the pub is just amazing, eclectic and unique. We had fun looking at the different things spotted around the place, including the toilets where we found elvis! I would highly recommend giving this place a visit for dinner or lunch!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AMY B
Reviewed 5 August 2014

First time camping and was in the lower of the fields, the view is amazing, however there is no nearby shops or banks therefore would have to get in car, if your looking for absolute quietness then its ok but if your like me and need more then it wouldn't suit. Restaurant was reasonable in price and pub full of character. It could do with being updated and they did say a new shower/ toilet block was planned. Overall a nice locations

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank shazzab72
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I was camping in the area with about 14 others, and we decided to try and find somewhere local for us all to eat. I telephoned here and they were happy to accommodate us giving us a room all to ourselves. We had a young children with us as well as adults and everybody was very happy with the food which was of a very high quality. I have been here in the past and it has always been very good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Wigan, UK
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We came to the Bull I' Th' Thorn on a GCUK Paranormal Investigation.

Arrived early and had a lovely meal and a chat with the locals. Lots of families with their dogs, walkers, cyclists and people just having a relaxing time.

The food was well cooked, good portions, plenty of choice and good value.

We then met up with the rest of our team and guests for an overnight investigation at the pub.

Turned out to be a very active evening with plenty of interaction for team and guests.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Cullompton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

It was a very wet afternoon when we turned up at the Inn. The owner Mike turned up with his 2 lovely old dogs soaking wet - Super welcome - Should us to our room which was very spacious clean and tidy with antique furniture and accessories. The evening meal was superb well prepared and presented. the breakfast prepared by Mike was also of good quality and quantity to set one of for the day. The whole atmosphere of the bar and associated rooms have to be seen to be believed. And the selection of real ales and other drinks were well to expectation. When you try to find the place It is a good 5 miles south out of Buxton on the A515 towards Ashbourne not as the directions given on some sites. It has a camp site situated to the rear of the premises for caravan/campers and tents, which is ideal for touring or walking the local area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

This has got to be one of the most amazing places I have ever stayed. The food is incredible and the chef knows what he is doing, he talked me through all of his recipes and clearly he makes it all from scratch! Mike who runs the place is just always willing to help in anyway that he can. The building is old and like nothing you've ever seen before. If you really want a magical place to stay and a warm welcome then this is the place for you! I shall be staying here again!

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank The1bee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hurdlow
Bagshaw Hall
Premier Inn Buxton Hotel
Charles Cotton Hotel
Charles Cotton Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hartington

Been to Bull I' Th' Thorn? Share your experiences!