“So welcoming”

Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Longnor Craft Centre and Coffee Shop has been a family run business in the heart of the Peak District since the Fox family opened it in 1991. Sit and relax whilst enjoying the comfort of our handmade furniture, sample our range of light lunches, delicious cakes and scones all freshly made on the premises. The work of many local craftspeople is on display for you to enjoy whilst soaking up the atmosphere of the open-plan layout. Free parking is readily available in front of the Craft Centre on the market square.
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I work for a local tour company and private hire operator and had the pleasure of taking 14 people here for afternoon tea. What an absolute delight. The staff were so welcoming and the service and food were lovely . I would recommend everyone pay a visit after a hard day's sight seeing of the Derbyshire dales

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We visited here a couple of times, the staff are lovely and although they don't accept dogs we were happy to sit outside, they could do we having more tables as there is plenty if room there and maybe some umbrellas. The first time we had the sub roll, they were fresh and the service was quick. The second visit we just had coffee and a slice of cake each, unfortunately both cakes were dry and I suspect they had been there for a few days, so don't be embarrassed if you visit to check how long the cakes have been in the cabinet.

Slightly disappointed and I'm sure those cakes would have been delicious two days previous.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

My husband and I stopped her on our way through and had a lovely time. They have a fantastic selection of homemade cakes which are very reasonably priced. My husband especially enjoyed the free coffee refills. The place is interesting and unique, with a lovely wooden balcony upstairs and a great art display. We'll worth a visit.

1  Thank Helen J
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

We have been coming here for many years. It is always friendly, the food is fantastic. The cakes and scones are super and the filled oatcakes are delicious. In addition, they have a constantly changing display of local artists and photographers works for sale. It is also the showroom for Fox Furniture which is all beautifully handmade by Peter Fox. He made a dining table and chairs for us a few years ago and they are lovely. It is well worth a visit.

1  Thank HenryStanley
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Well we had to choose today to go check potential holiday homes, it rained and rained and even rained on the rain ! Awful day so we had a look at a few and stopped for a comfort break in Longnor and oh the ray of sunlight !. We parked outside what looked like an old library or town hall but the photos looked inviting so in we went. Masterstroke !

A lovely setting with a well structured mezzanine floor all in turned wood, loads of framed photos and many other craft items, a nice feeling.

We ordered homeade soup and tuna sandwich which were super.

We were served by a very pleasant young lady who was the grand daughter of the owner and chef and also the daughter of the quality furniture maker.

Prices are good too, great value for money.

The only problem arose was when I ordered the fresh sultana scone it was so yummy. Now you know when you see something and think wow can't wait to get at it ? Well the nice young lady brings a second plate for my wife as she felt my wife would like to try it ! My scone ! I responded lamely 'whose side are you on ?' The reply "The ladies of course!" So guys beware.

Seriously loved and people and the place and will be revisiting.

1  Thank NomadicWolves