I hired out the Crewe and Harpur and all of the cottages for the weekend to celebrate my 30th birthday. It was a perfect venue for this with excellent rooms, all with en-suite and decorated to a luxury standard. The pub was the main area we used in the evenings, but there is also a beautiful large lounge room with sofas. It was great novelty having a fully working bar, which we stocked and ran ourselves. All 30 of us were able to sit around a table for a meal one evening and we used the fully functioning catering kitchen to prepare the dinner. The owners were really helpful in every way, and they also run the Royal Oak pub down the road which I would also highly recommend for Sunday lunch! It was the perfect weekend and a birthday to remember!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crewe and Harpur is situated in the heart of the tranquil Peak District village of Longnor. It is rented on an exclusive use self catering basis and perfect for large groups needing lots of space for dining, socialising and or even working together. The Crewe & Harpur has 8 double/twin rooms all with beautiful en-suite bathrooms in the main building. Just outside to the rear is a courtyard with three traditional stone built cottages (a three bedroom and two, two bedroom properties). The former coaching inn has been renovated to a fabulous standard yet retains many of the original features - guests can even enjoy private use of their own 'pub'! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Crewe And Harpur Arms Hotel Longnor
- Crewe And Harpur Arms Buxton
- The Crewe & Harpur Longnor, Peak District National Park