How do you combine 3 celebrations involving an 18th, 60th anniversary and a 1st birthday party for 23 people - the answer is to hire the Crewe & Harpur!
We have just returned from a 4 day stay and we have had the best family gathering ever. We hired the pub and one cottage and there was plenty of space for everyone, babies and children included. The accommodation is lovely, all the rooms in the pub are of the same high standard, all with very stylish en-suites, whilst the Calke cottage was very comfortably furnished with one shared bathroom.
The bar area was very popular with everyone but also the lounge was perfect for those who wanted to relax and also for the younger children to play. We stocked the bar ourselves apart from the beer, which we ordered and it went down very well to everyone's delight.
The kitchen area has plenty of space, with 2 large fridges, a large chest freezer and an industrial size oven which was big enough to cook food for everyone at the same time. We arranged a Sainsbury delivery, which arrived at the allotted time, which made catering for so many much easier.
The bar area inevitably was the main attraction and we all enjoyed playing darts, dominoes, games etc. I would suggest you take your own set of darts with you, as we did.
We did have one minor maintenance issue,(a blocked shower) which was quickly resolved and this was much appreciated. Also, the staff at the Royal Oak were brilliant in co-ordinating the booking and were very helpful in sorting out our individual requirements regarding sleeping arrangements and in answering any queries we had prior to our stay.
The Crewe & Harpur is situated in a beautiful part of the Peak District and it really is the perfect place to stay for a few days with family and friends.
Thank you so much - we could not have found anywhere better and we look forward to a return visit in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crewe and Harpur is situated in the heart of the tranquil Peak District village of Longnor. It is rented on an exclusive use self catering basis and perfect for large groups needing lots of space for dining, socialising and or even working together. The Crewe & Harpur has 8 double/twin rooms all with beautiful en-suite bathrooms in the main building. Just outside to the rear is a courtyard with three traditional stone built cottages (a three bedroom and two, two bedroom properties). The former coaching inn has been renovated to a fabulous standard yet retains many of the original features - guests can even enjoy private use of their own 'pub'! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Crewe And Harpur Arms Hotel Longnor
- Crewe And Harpur Arms Buxton
- The Crewe & Harpur Longnor, Peak District National Park