My fiancee and I stayed here for a couple of nights in October.
After a poor night previously in a chain hotel we were in the mood for something a bit better and truly found it here. We booked one of the larger rooms at £80 a night B&B (contrary to some of the prices I'd seen on the net).
Room was average size but done out nicely with a very luxurious bed and a flat screen/ sky digital combo, possibly scope to add somewhere to store a suitcase but otherwise very good. Bathroom was miles from the decorating by numbers affair in the other hotel. Underfloor heating was a very nice touch, along with good shower and a bath which could probably house most of a rugby team.
Food was exceptional, as you'd expect from somewhere with its own fine dining restaurant. We ate in the bar although this didnt stop us chosing from the restaurant menu - the staff we were friendly and accomodating. Wine list was a bit pricey - but it would in any case be rude not to have sampled some of the peak district ales on tap.
In summary its a bit pricey compared to some others but well worth it if you fancy a couple of days in luxury while in a position to travel anywhere in the peaks for a day trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crewe and Harpur is situated in the heart of the tranquil Peak District village of Longnor. It is rented on an exclusive use self catering basis and perfect for large groups needing lots of space for dining, socialising and or even working together. The Crewe & Harpur has 8 double/twin rooms all with beautiful en-suite bathrooms in the main building. Just outside to the rear is a courtyard with three traditional stone built cottages (a three bedroom and two, two bedroom properties). The former coaching inn has been renovated to a fabulous standard yet retains many of the original features - guests can even enjoy private use of their own 'pub'! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Crewe And Harpur Arms Hotel Longnor
- Crewe And Harpur Arms Buxton
- The Crewe & Harpur Longnor, Peak District National Park