“Great food and friendly staff”
Review of Jamuna

Jamuna
Ranked #2 of 169 Restaurants in Leeuwarden
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We arrived back from the Wadden island late in Leeuwarden, and although it was Saturday night, we could feel it would not be easy to find a place to eat.
We passed by Jamuna that we had spotted the day before and decided to give a try.
We were told there weren't many options for the dishes as the day had been very busy (indeed the restaurant was full). We basically picked up the meat and ask for not too spicy food and they arranged a complete, delicious and enormous dish. We really spent a great night day, and the value is great for the money.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Indian is one of my favourite cuisines so I usually look out for a decent Indian restaurant on my travels. This one, whilst not up amongst the best, was pretty good and I'll come back if I'm in this neighbourhood again. The service was a little slow but it's fair to say the restaurant was very busy.

I had Onion Bhaji to start - plus a complimentary popadom + dips - followed by Murg Jalfrezi, which comes with Pilau rice. Everything was good. There was way more rice than seemed appropriate for the quite small portion of Jalfrezi, but it was nicely done with just the right amount of bite from the green chillies scattered through the dish.

Add a couple of bottles of Cobra and the bill came to around 28 Euros, which is perhaps a little high but not excessively so.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

If you are from the UK and end up, for your sins, in Friesland then head to Leeuwarden and visit Jamuna. Fantastic food, atmosphere and wonderful staff. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank Teach1965
Reviewed 15 April 2014

One of my favorite restaurants in Leeuwarden.
The food is excellent, and the owners are friendy.

Would recommend it to all my friends and family.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Hi,
this week we had dinner after work. It was 3 people and two of us got intoxicated.
We reported the situation to the restaurant.
Regards