“Rude and unfriendly staff.”

Fletcher Hotel-Restaurant Apeldoorn
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Apeldoorn
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The photos on the website clearly do not demonstrate the reality of this hotel. I thought the staff were particularly unfriendly and couldn't care less when the smoke alarm randomly went off in our room. I thought the breakfast, however, was hearty and there was definitely a good selection. However, there was no air conditioning in the room (which is essential) and it was extremely dated. I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay in this hotel - unless you're stuck in the 90s! Also, you have to pay an extra €10 just to use the 'spa', which featured a lukewarm jacuzzi, terrible steamroom and creepy atmosphere.

Room Tip: Make sure that you bear in mind that the photos are not realistic
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 July 2013

After enjoying a day @ the Veluwse Bron, we spend the night in this nice hotel. It is a not too big modest hotel excellent for a 1 night or a couple of nights stay. The reception was very friendly and warm. And the personell of the lounge bar was very friendly. The room was small but it served its purpose very well and above all it was very quiet. The bed was not very comfy, but we notified the reception when checking out and they ensured us to look into it.

Room Tip: the hotel has a wellness area
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2013

The hotel is ok, but nothing to write home about. I traveled here with a colleague after working at a site about an hour south. We were going out with a group of friends in Apeldoorn. The town is nice and has a small feel to it. The hotel was ok... I booked one of the last rooms they had available which was basically a cot against the wall. The room itself was outdated and cramped. I think the bathroom was the biggest part. The front desk was curt and short during every interaction and I wasn't too happy about the room key with a huge placard attached to it. I just left it at the front desk when I went out, because I couldn't fit it into my pocket. There is a quite area off to the right when you are approaching the exit, but the noise can still be easily heard from the banquet area. The drink prices are the steepest I encountered during my travels in Holland. Seemed to me that I might have been in a "upscale" hotel and didn't realize it.

Room Tip: Don't pick the basic room unless you want to sleep with your suitcase as a pillow.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Having been in Hampshire hotels before in other Dutch cities, I picked this to stay one night to visit friends in Apeldoorn. It is a small hotel, beautifully located. I was lucky enough to get the last available room. As I traveled alone, I had a single room. It had a single bed, tv, big bathroom and connection to WiFi. The restaurant is nice, staff very friendly. It has a great bar with a large variety of drinks and Dutch snacks. As breakfasts are included, one can choose from lots of food, hot or cold. Coffee and tea is available all day. If you have guests, they also can enjoy coffee and tea, no extra charge, a miracle anywhere. The front desk people have guests to find their way around by giving them maps. It is close to cultural places, among which the Royal Palace Het Loo. Apeldoorn is a reasonable small city, and Hampshire is perfectly located for walks in the area. A very clean and handy place to stay

Room Tip: There are luxury rooms in the hotel, which are beautiful.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Unlike other descriptions, we had a decent size room. However the size of the mounted flat screen tv on the wall is sooo small that you need your glasses or step in front of it to read all the greetings, messages, tv menu. My home computer screen is larger than their tv!!! The outrageous charge for wifi is a real scam. Close to 10€ from the time of check-in until noon the next day, not even 24 hrs. There are no clocks in the rooms either. They have a new fleet of rental bikes but only 3 speeds, a bit of an effort considering the hilly terrain. Cycling paths off the hotel are great for touring in the nearby forest. The Het Loo Palace is 15 min on foot. Breakfast is excellent. We also had one dinner and food was tasty but their desert buffet is a bit of a rip-off in terms of choice.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2013 via mobile

We were on our way to Germany, and we saw this place.... Breathtaking!!!!!!
We usually are very picky a to were we stay, but assoon as we walked in we knew this is where we should spend the weekend. Food was really good, and tasty.. Managemnt seems to be very on point with every little detail. Thas very important . Service was timely and most of all professional and curtious.. We would defenitley recommend this hotel to anyone..

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Stayed at this hotel unplanned, enroute from Berlin to Amsterdam at the end of October. The hotel reception, bar & dining areas are modern & comforting. Onsite restaurant has good quality food. Room rate included small buffet breakfast & onsite open air parking. Additional charges for wifi & TV, charged at a 24 hour rate!!!!!!! The room was incredibly small, with a somewhat oversized modern bathroom compared to the rest of the room. Bed uncomfortable & pillows need changing - very lumpy & flat. Would not necessarily have stayed here if not by necessity.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donna S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Apeldoorn
Binnenstad
Hotel et le Cafe de Paris
Hotel et le Cafe de Paris
#5 of 7 in Apeldoorn
Hotel de Echoput
#2 of 7 in Apeldoorn

Been to Fletcher Hotel-Restaurant Apeldoorn? Share your experiences!