“Good Food, very friendly staff”
Review of Baan Isaan

Baan Isaan
Ranked #102 of 295 Restaurants in Nijmegen
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I had dinner here on the terrace with my parents and partner. The food was really very good, rich in flavors. The waiter was very friendly, and the waitress (owner) even more so. Very thoughtful, moving the table for us so it would fit 4 in stead of 3.

The terrace is by the side of a fairly busy street, that's the only disadvantage. But it is fairly well shielded by the hedge at the front, not a big issue. The atmosphere inside is okay, nothing fancy.

Prices are average for Holland, I'd say.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Visited with a friend who has lived in Thailand for several years.
The waitress was most helpful and very nice.
The food was wonderful - prepared for individual taste.
One of the best meals I've had in Holland.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

First time forr us in this restaurant, we have had thai food many times before on other occasions.
Great service and amazing food. Had vegetable soup with coconut milk, shrimp curry and different kind of vegetables with soja and garlic. Will come back when I am in the area.

Reviewed 21 September 2012

well let's start with thge female owner, she is a gem! Food is perfect, very authentic, been a lot in Thailand and being here is closest to be in Thailand

Reviewed 29 February 2012

I've never done mean things like leave no tip before. But I didnt when I go there. The owner which is not even a Thai (I dont know if the chef is Thai, but the food dont taste very like Thai style) is a little wired and the food tastes bad and it's so little each dish. I have to eat something else after I left there. The price is so expensive too. The altitude of the owner which I hated most lead to no tip at all. There are many good Thai restaurant that beats this one and have a reasonable price. After gave a bad review, the owner sent me a message calling me an idiot, how ridiculous!