“FABULOUS - First Choice for Thai Food in Groningen”
Review of Cho Fah eathai

Cho Fah eathai
Reserve with
Cho Fah eathai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 369 Restaurants in Groningen
Price range: US$18 - US$26
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: There is a nice breeze from the far east on a small spot at the innercity of Groningen. At Cho Fah you will meet the surprising Thailand. In an exotic environment you will experience a fascinating mix of classic eastern elements and contemporary design. Wonderful and extremely tasteful Thai dishes are prepared with passion by lady chef Jen meksoongnern. With her natural feeling for Asian hospitality Oranit Urai greets you welcome.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Make this your first choice for a Thai meal in Groningen. It is very close to the Jasmine Thai but we are so pleased we walked passed and eat here both evenings.

The service is first class and you are treated like good friends. The staff are very keen to find out your likes and dislikes and then match these to the authentic dishes on the menu. We only intended to eat here on the first evening but enjoyed the experience so much we had to return again, being welcomed back with a great smile and asked if we would like the same wine that we had enjoyed the previous evening.

The food is exceptional and a meal for two with wine came to about Euro 70 - excellent value.

Thank you so much and we will return again next time we are in Groningen.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I ate here while visiting on business. Friendly staff and service. I wasn't feeling that hungry so ordered something light, the Thai beef salad. It looked great and tasted lovely, it was a really tasty meal with lots of flavour and not too spicy. I will be back to try more of the menu.The prices were reasonable too.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Having lived in Thailand for 5 years I constantly find myself looking for Thai restaurants wherever I go. I was only in Groningen for one night and checked Tripadvisor for Thai restaurants close to my hotel at Grote Markt. As Cho Fah was literally just round the corner the choice was an easy choice!
The service was fantastic, Khun Oranit was a charming hostess and obviously takes great pride in running the restaurant. The food was fantastic and I could instantly recognise the authentic Thai ingredients which Oranit said are sometimes not easy to get. The portions were huge for any restaurant which is not normally the case for Thai food.
The atmosphere was relaxed and the restaurant was packed with diners of all ages.
A real charm of a place and I will make a point of returning the next time I am in the area.
Khop khun khrub Khun Oranit and your team! Aroy mak maaa!

1  Thank Scott840
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I've heard a lot of good stories about this restaurant. So, I've decided to go there and I've really enjoyed the atmosphere there and of course the food! I'm Thai and I can guarantee that they have good Thai dishes. The staff were really friendly. I will definitely come back here for more Thai food!!

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

I went there with a group of friends. We had a couple of starters, curry and a cup of coffee/tea at the end. Really good food! Watch out with the stars because with more stars, more spicy is the food. Really nice to go with friends or with your other half.

1  Thank Marial_B