“Best hotel ever”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Heerlen
Girona, Spain
“Best hotel ever”
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

During the year I stay in at least 80, maximum 120 hotels and this one is one I'll never forget! The location is superb, I stayed with the family in room 2, a suite. Great views over the garden and a very spacious room! We didn't have a lot of time during our stay, but I'll definitely will return to enjoy this hotel once more when I'm in the area. We didn't have diner, but I was told the kitchen has a very high standard as well!

The old castle is the perfect setting for weddings and special romantic weekends because of the authentic atmosphere and idillic views over the garden, and old defense channel around the castle.

Visited a small room (nr19) during my stay witch is also perfect and up to the high standard!

As always in a hotel of the Van Der Valk hotel the breakfast was of a very high standard, one of the best I've ever had! (The best would be NH Hesperia Tower, Barcelona)

• Stayed June 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Arabic first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I have stayed at Kasteel Terworm many times and always return for its perfect setting. The staff is great and recognizes return guests, the rooms are well appointed, the breakfast is sumptuous, and the restaurant is excellent. The patio on the pond, with many geese and other birds is worth the visit by itself.
It is a great place to jog, going for a bike ride and only a few miles from Heerlen, Maastricht , Liege and Aachen.
I strongly recommend this hotel and it friendly staff, in addition excellent price value.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Reviewed 3 June 2013

The castle and it's garden are a gorgeous place, both to eat and to spend the night. All rooms have been refurbished in the original style, the peace and quiet there..I just love it ! Service is also great, very friendly people..and if you are lucky you get a free upgrade to a junior suite !
Very much recommended !

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Quite hard to find, but really worth the effort. A fairly ordinary castle with beautiful gardens & moat. The room we stayed in was beautiful, on two floors, with a balcony it was very classy. We ate there one evening the food & service were spot on. Probably one of the best food experiences we have had in Europe. The cellar bar & service was also first rate. The food & wine are expensive for Holland, but it's so excellent, pretty good value. Plenty of free parking.
Don't ask reception for directions they are useless.

Room Tip: We had room 26 it was a treat, but steep stairs.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I adore this hotel. It is situated in the south of the Netherlands, within easy driving distance of Valkenburg and its fantastic Thermae 2000 spa. This was the second time we stayed there and we were only more enthralled than ever. Luckily the weather always seems to be nice and sunny when we are here – although it does tend to be autumn (last time) or spring (this time – and cold). It’s in a domain where there are lots of lovely walks to go on through nature – we nearly got lost last time. The hotel itself has a long and interesting history and has been lovingly restored, and it shows. The first time we stayed in a Pachthof room, which is located in the former farm buildings. The room was lovely but the twin beds were very narrow as the room was quite small. This time we decided to stay in a Pachthof Suite and the beds were definitely wider and the room very large, with a sitting area and balcony. The restaurant here is a delight, and is comprised of different rooms all interconnected. The restaurant is gastronomic and the food delicious. The breakfasts are to die for – the breads some of the best I have ever tasted. There is a tavern downstairs which also serves food and drinks. They were rebuilding the outside terrace when we were there and the plans look amazing. I can thoroughly recommend this hotel, restaurant and location.

Room Tip: If you go for a basic room, I believe the Kasteelkamers are biggers than the Pachthofkamers. But tre...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 13 May 2013

This beautiful Kasteel is excellent in every category! The food was always deliciously prepared, the spacious rooms are kept immaculately, the grounds and garden are very well kept.Numerous hiking paths and possibilities take you through the beautiful countryside. Biking is also very popular. Patio dining is a treat and the surroundings are restful.We enjoyed driving through the surrounding villages in the Netherlands and Belgium, stopping at several other Kasteel andother attractions as well as cooling off with a mid-afternoon ice cream treat. All-in-all, this Hotel is one of our favorites in Europe. We have stayed here three times and plan to visit again.

Room Tip: We prefer staying in the rooms in the courtyard.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2013

This is our 3rd stay here and I'm afraid to say it will be our last.
In my opinion the hotel is excellent, really pretty, lovely rooms, very close to the motorway, and all at a good price
The big let down is the reception from the staff. I feel they are somewhat tired and probably not happy in their work, which isn't exactly a good thing in the hospitality trade.
In the future I will be looking for a hotel that I feel is actually grateful for my business

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Beaubleep
Also consider these accommodations in or near Heerlen
Van der Valk Hotel Heerlen
Bilderberg Kasteel Vaalsbroek
Van der Valk Hotel Maastricht
Van der Valk Hotel Maastricht
#10 of 38 in Maastricht

Been to Kasteel Terworm? Share your experiences!