“things went missing”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel du Casque

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Maastricht
Hotel du Casque
Ranked #27 of 51 Maastricht B&B and Inns
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“things went missing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

hi. I've thought long and hard about writing this review. I don't want to set out to tarnish the reputation of anything i guess. I stayed one night in early july with my brother and a friend. We went out for the night, i returned to the hotel, my friend then came back a little worse for wear and was walked to the room and virtually put in the bed by the porter, very helpful you would think as we did. My brother returned even later!

Awoke the next morning with no money in wallet and friend also the same, both had a fair bit to drink but both very sure we should have made it back to the hotel with at least a note in our pockets!! checked the room all over before leaving as i normally do and left hotel not realising until we got to our next destination that my i pod and speakers had vanished. i rang the hotel to see if it had been handed in, which they hadn't. When i rang the next day same story.

I guess the motto to the story is keep your valuables locked in the safe if there is one. That said it annoys me that this can happen as some [--] can ruin the reputation of an establishment by behaving this way. I guess writing this review can inform you prior to booking of what could happen if you were to stay here.

p.s in case you still wanted to know any more on the hotel it has a good location, was modest inside and pretty clean. Just don't take anything of value in there.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank mark w

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2011

The rooms in this hotel are very dated, but being in such a central location was absolutely superb. The toilet in our room was also very bizarre in that it was as if the bowl was backwards and had a ledge in it. The shower temperature fluctuated a bit. Wifi was expensive, but McDonalds (with free Wifi) was next door.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gianouts
So. California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2010

My plans to visit Maastricht were for 3 days and 2 nights. My son is studying there for a college semester and I was looking forward to a wonderful stay. Unfortunately, upon leaving London to catch a train to Maastricht I learned Belgium transportation was on strike and no trains would be running to Maastricht. I contacted the hotel to advise them I wouldn't be able to make it the first night but would catch the first available train the next day. I had pre-paid for 2 nights. I had hoped their customer service would refund the one night knowing I had no way of getting there but they refused. I informed them I already referred other guests there the month before but that didn't matter and they said no refund would be coming. I understand they had no control over the train strike but neither did I and was just hoping kindness would allow them to make the decision that customer relations is important these days. I ended up having to pay a high room rate for an additional unexpected night in London. Since I did call them from London they could have given the room to anyone else who needed a room that first night. Although the location was good, I'm big on customer service and feel they fell short. They even refused to give us any breakfast (even just rolls) as a courtesy towards the unused first night that I paid for. By contrast, Eurostar was quite good about giving us another train ticket the next day and helping anyway they could even though they had no control over the strike - now that's customer service!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank happy2bmeCalifornia

Travellers are raving about these Maastricht hotels