“Would definitely stay here again”

Townhouse Hotel Maastricht
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Maastricht
East Lansing, Michigan
“Would definitely stay here again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2010

This hotel was the biggest lodging surprise of our 10-day trek through The Netherlands & Spain - we loved it! It is well located right by the train station but also very much within walking distance of the river, good restaurants, shopping and the overall city centre. The staff was incredibly friendly, the breakfast was good, and all throughout the day they serve soup, or other small tidbits to nibble on. The rooms are small, but we found that to be the case throughout Europe regardless of hotel quality. We would stay here again if we returned and recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
TownhouseHotel, Sales Department at Townhouse Hotel Maastricht, responded to this review, 10 November 2010
Dear guest,

The best hotel in your 10 day trek, great to read your review! Thank you for your compliments. Townhouse has four kinds of hotel rooms; basic, medium, large and extra large. Maybe when you visit us in the future we can offer you a larger room. Hopefully we will meet again in the future, the soup is waiting for you!

Team Townhouse Designhotel Maastricht

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Lokeren, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2010

I was travelling alone, but i never felt lonesome in your hotel, there was a very friendly girl at the reception that made me feel at home right away.
Very comfortable room, great curtains that blocked all the light from outside. Very nice furnishing/decoration, original and stylish, great mix of design and vintage. I loved the "Banksy"-like paintings on the walls!
I took a nice bath, watched tv for an hour or so, and went to bed, completely relaced.
I'm a light sleeper, and i forgot my sleeping pill, but the glass of wine the lady at the reception poured out for me helped to get to sleep.
The breakfast was great, and i will never worry again becouse some of my cups and dishes do not match!
I agree with the little decoration painted next to your door: "I'll be back!"

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
TownhouseHotel, Sales Department at Townhouse Hotel Maastricht, responded to this review, 11 November 2010
Dear madam Rooms,

Great to read our hotel felt like home. We hope to see you again in Townhouse Designhotel Maastricht for a wonderful night sleep.

Amsterdam, the Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2010

We went for a golf trip to Maastricht with a 1 night sleepover in the Townhouse hotel. What a nice design hotel, close to the centre of town. Reception was really friendly, got a cup of mustard soup. The lounge is around the reception area like home away from home. You can sit here, read one the books lying around, have a drink (you can poor yourself) and have breakfast, which is adequate and good. Rooms (we had the large one) are modern and have fantastic beds. A large bath. We have to say, it was all better than we expected and really good price/quality.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
TownhouseHotel, Sales Department at Townhouse Hotel Maastricht, responded to this review, 15 November 2010
Dear guest,

Great to read that we exceed your expectations! Thank you for your kind words about Townhouse Designhotel Maastricht. See you next time.

italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2010

This is a brand new design hotel. I have nothing against design hotels, and this looks particularly well designed. On the other hand some of its details were not very practical, if not plain awkward. We were staying in a ground floor room right next to the main stairs. The bed was not the most comfortable (despite the expensive Hastings mattress) and very squeaky. The bath room door was an open type, like old fashioned blinds. Though basically you could not see through it, some sounds I don't want to share.
Another annoyance was the breakfast. In the morning I am not always totally social. However, this room only had long narrow and completely crowded tables on which you have your breakfast shoulder to shoulder with the other guests. Maybe I had just the bad luck that we walked in at peak time (the buffet and the single coffee machine were jammed), but this just ruined my appetite.
We only stayed one night, so perhaps I did not have the time to see the benefits, but I am not fully convinced regarding the concept of the hotel. Except for its hip looks, and its location, I am not sure whether I could see a lot of benefits.
My wife certainly liked the place, adding that I shouldn't whine. Well...you have read my objections. They could be irrelevant to you too.

2 Thank derob
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. Please do not hesitate next time and ask for the rooms with a normal bathroom door. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience during your stay. We do hope we will see you next time, we can serve breakfast in your room if you want to!

San Francisco
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2010

The rooms and staff felt more like a youth hostel which would have been fine but the prices were of a regular hotel.
Two of the three rooms we saw smelled like smoke.
If you need shampoo, conditioner, soap, you need to buy these at reception.
I half expected that I'd need to buy a towel too but they did provide that but it was like sand paper.

From the photos I thought this was a boutique hotel but this would be a stretch to put in the hotel category which after I got here I realize why they call it "townhouse".
I was shopping for rooms online and realize I got confused by the Eden Design hotel and this hotel. I did go look at the Eden's rooms and they were much nicer and similar in price and it was a legitimate hotel.

3 Thank FoodWineFunSF
Paris
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2010

I'm all for stylish boutique hotels, but this one forgot the essence of what a hotel should be like. I stayed in a room with direct access from the stairwell(ie noisy, but that's unimportant next to the rest). No closet, nor shelves, just a few hangers on the wall. No place to put your luggage except on the floor. No shower door so the bathroom floor is inundated, a wooden shelf in the bathroom that is too narrow to allow you to place your toilet kit. A shower system where you have to spend 10 minutes figuring how to use it. Never did understand how to go from the shower head to the hand held spray. No phone in the room so you can't even reach the reception!!!! A stupid aluminum bed where the foot of the bed blocked the view of the TV on the wall and an aluminum headboard bar prevented you from sitting up in bed to read. No bedside tables, just two chairs stacked with old Dutch books, No extra pillow. When I asked at the reception for one, I was told I had to wait 1/2 hour for his replacement so he could go look for one. A view onto a brick wall, Breakfast 17 euros....parking 23 euros.....oh, and if you are looking for the safe, it's hidden under the bed...not very convenient access.

Dear guest,

Thank you for your honesty. The closets we did not provide in every room because most of the people do not use them. We are very sorry we were not more clear about this. Nowadays it is an extra option in the confirmation. Thank you for the tips!

troon, ayrshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2010

This hotel is really handy for the railway station.Staff are very helpful.Rooms very nice. I felt like i was in Ikea !! Breakfast very good with a mish of plates and cups.
The hotel is near the river , and the wonderful shops and pubs.
Im hoping to go back at the end of the month Its about a good 20 mins walk to the University.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank audtroon
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kinds words about Townhouse and Maastricht, great!