“Convenient, good service”

Ranked #27 of 51 Maastricht B&B and Inns
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Convenient, good service”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This place surely scores in terms of location, and for those who want to cook, the kitchen is well equipped. The furniture was sparse but we liked that. A lot of natural light and mirrors. Second TV in the bedroom was a good touch. Reception staff very friendly

A few things that we didn't quite like: the pillowcase, while clearly washed, had two huge reddish stains on top of it that stood out given the very white bedlinen. Small detail, but makes you shrug. Also, the shower was basically separated from the bedroom just by a plastic curtain; and the sink was in the bedroom. Strange design arrangement.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank _Da83Di_
HipHotelMartenslane, Owner at La Bergere Apartments, responded to this review, 6 July 2013
Dear _Da83Di_,

Thank you for your review!

Good to hear that you had a good stay with us, we would also like to thank you for your feedback.
We take the experiencesof our guests very serious and we will discuss your feedback.

We hope that we may welcome you again in Maastricht!

Rino Soeters

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
SaarLouis, Germany
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Very well equipped and extremely clean place. Very quiet also. Great location to start your day trip. If only the stairs would not be that steep ... So, not recommendable for anyone who struggles climbing stairs. Beyond that: top!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
HipHotelMartenslane, Owner at La Bergere Apartments, responded to this review, 22 June 2013
Dear wuadnaps,

Thank you very much for this review and sharing your experience with others!

Good to hear that you had a good stay in our apartments.

We hope to see you again in Maastricht!

Reviewed 5 June 2013

This time around, only apartments were available. Located in the area in own of the shopping streets, the apartment was separate from the Townhouse Hotel. Nicely decorated, the apartment was convenient and the kitchenette allow me to cook up our own breakfast. If any, the only inconvenience was the lack of an elevator and dragging up the luggage on a steep staircase.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
HipHotelMartenslane, Owner at La Bergere Apartments, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Dear PropertyOfJobi,

Thank you very much for your great review!

We are very glad to hear that you had such a good stay in our apartments.

We hope we may welcome you again with us in Maastricht!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 4 May 2013

We had stayed there for 4 days on Dec 2013. It was ok & we got lots of privacy during our days!!! But it is really disappointing that the reception is bit far from the apartment and in case of any emergency in the night, Hard to find a hand of help on the spot .

But the apartment was really cleaned and very easy access to the main centers such as metro, shopping etc etc..

Nishad & Miriam

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Nishad N
HipHotelMartenslane, Owner at La Bergere Apartments, responded to this review, 18 May 2013
Dear Nishad & Miriam,

Thank you for sharing your personal experience in our apartments with us.

Good to hear that your stay was ok and thank you for give your advice point. We are very happy to receive this feedback to improve our product and service.

Thank you again and we hope we may welcome you again in Maastricht!

Kind regard,
Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

I can't express how disappointed we were with our apartment. Upon entering the building it stank of tobacco smoke and the carpets were filthy. We had a very steep climb up four flights of stairs with our luggage which would be impossible and dangerous for anyone who might have mobility issues or children.

The apartment itself was run down with stains on all the curtains and holes in some of them. Walls in the apartment and hallways were marked and stained and there was a big hole in the bedroom wall from a fitting that had fallen off.

The bathroom looked like something out of a hospital but most of the towel andtissue dispensers were unused so just sat empty. There was no toilet roll dispenser or holder-they were just stacked on a pole on the floor. There was no bathmat on the slippery tiled floor, so we had to use one of our towels. The grouting between the tiles and the sealant around the bath was stained and mouldy. Also we were only provided with four tiny, cheap, thin and poor quality toilet rolls per week between two of us, and despite asking for more each week, this did not change, meaning most of the time we had to walk down the street and collect more ourselves (occasionally reception brought some up).

Despite paying a lot of money for a "serviced" apartment, the reception said we could not have our bin emptied more than once per week. So either we had to carry trash out down the street ourselves, or have smelly piled up rubbish.

In addition, the corridors perpetually stank of tobacco smoke and on several occasions it was so bad that it infiltrated through our closed front apartment door, making our apartment and clothes stink. When we spoke to reception about this they said they would not do anything because smoking was allowed.

If you need to use the laundry-beware. You will not be able to if you have any mobility problems as access is down a very steep and narrow set of steps into the basement. It us an extremely unpleasant room which is dark, dirty and filled with the noises of other guests' sewage flowing through the pipes which you will probably hit your head on.

Finally as a newly married couple, we would have like a double bed but arrived to find two flimsy single beds, pushed together, which slid across the floor everytime you tried to get into them.

The only good thing about the apartments us their proximity to the train station and bus stops. Although this too can be awful as the noise is so loud you cannot open the windows and expect to be able to hold a conversation. In addition it is unpleasant to open tge windows as there is frequently the stench of sewage, although perhaps the additional noise from recent building works outside means that this might be fixed soon.

• Stayed January 2013
HipHotelMartenslane, Owner at La Bergere Apartments, responded to this review, 4 May 2013
Dear Scientifictourist,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us and our apologizes for the late response.

We are very sorry to hear that your stay in our apartments was not satisfying. May we ask you to contact us per mail: info@la-bergereapartments.com, perhaps we can find a suitable solution together.

Thank you in advance!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Summary

-Ground floor promised but not delivered. Replacement provided, again first floor. Unapologetic and denied responsibility.

-heating turned off and insisted it is normal in NL for heat to be turned off. You are from a warm country, we don’t call this cold weather. (September 23 2012)

I reserved their apartment for the dates of 23-28 Sep 2012. I have a disability and specifically asked for a ground floor apartment and was promised in writing 3 times that i will get a ground floor apartment.
When I arrived, my apartment started on the ground floor but the bedroom and washroom were up a flight of stairs which were narrow and without handrails, so I had nothing to grab onto, in case I fell. Upon complaining, I was told, this is the best we have now, please talk to the manager tomorrow. The next morning, manager E.V arranged for a replacement. I packed my bags for moving there, and when I went there, it was again a first floor apartment with a flight of stairs. I was frustrated and asked for to check out, but they insisted I have to pay for cancellation. I did not back down and they unapologetically told me we cannot guarantee these things. I had to find a replacement on foot at 9 pm and haul myself to the another hotel.

The heat was turned off and the apartment cold in the September rainy dutch weather. I complained but I was told that the heat is turned off automatically in the evening and nothing can be done about it. They tried to find a space heater but were unsuccessful. I spent the night in the cold apartment. The next morning, the manager named E.V told me, you are from a warm country, "in Netherlands people don't find this cold The heat is not going to work in 16 degree C weather." She offered a space heater again but I declined and moved out.
In the hotel I moved to, there was heat, it was in my control and did not turn off at night. I spoke to a bunch of dutch residents of maastricht and there is no such rule that heating is turned off in NL at night.
I will never go to La Bergere group an dtownhouse hotel again.

Room Tip: do not believe their promises. See for urself.