“Great place to stay”

Hampshire Designhotel - Maastricht
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Maastricht
Reviewed 8 August 2011

The hotel was very good, the staff where very pleasant and helpful, the location was great just minutes away from the train station, there is shops and bars on the same street. The only fault in the hotel was a very very slippery bath, I had to put a towel down inside the bath so I stand on it to stop me sliding but even then I was a bit wary, also the bath was a bit high to get in and out of not very good for people with mobility problems or children. Overall I will go back to this hotel it was great.

• Stayed: July 2011
DirkJanDoek, General Manager at Hampshire Designhotel - Maastricht, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2011

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for you review and your feedback. I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed the Eden Designhotel Maastricht.

Could you send me an e-mail with your details? This enables me to take a look at the room in which you were staying with us and gives me the opportunity to fix the problem with the bath.

For people that are having mobility problems we offer a special room, this is an adjusted room with for example a special bathroom. If you prefer such a room please contact our reservation department, they will be happy to help you!

Once again I would like to thank you for your review and your feedback. If you could send me your details this would be very helpful. If you may have any other questions or remarks please contact me at: dirk-jan.doek@edenhotelgroup.com or directly call me at 0031 (0)6 23 42 8991

General Manager Eden Designhotel Maastricht

Write a ReviewReviews (1,518)

Reviewed 3 August 2011

We stayed here for one night, it's a comfortable hotel in the city centre. We had a basic room, which was absolutely fine, nothing fancy, but hence the basic. We visited the hotel by motorcycle and were happily surprised to be able to park it in a secure area on the back of the hotel. They even gave us a room that overlooked the motorcycle. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was really nice and the breakfast area looked beautiful. Next time in Maastricht we will be back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, I passed on the compliments to the entire Eden Designhotel team. Next time when you are in Maastricht ask our Front Desk if they can give you some information regarding the “Mergel route”. This is a beautiful trip through the landscape of Limburg! Worth the try when you are on the motorcycle!

We are looking forward to welcoming you again in Maastricht! And if you may have any questions or remarks please contact me at: dirk-jan.doek@edenhotelgroup.com or directly call me at 0031 (0)6 23 42 8991

Reviewed 29 July 2011

Very good hotel and a perfect breakfast. Pity that you can't park the car nearby.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
DirkJanDoek, General Manager at Hampshire Designhotel - Maastricht, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2011

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for you review. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us in Maastricht.

Because we are located in the heart of the old city centre of Maastricht we are not able to offer a parking garage directly under our hotel. In order to still offer guests a safe spot to park their car we have a secured parking garage on 5 minutes walking distance of the hotel.

I hope to welcome you soon again in Maastricht and if you may have any other questions please contact me at: dirk-jan.doek@edenhotelgroup.com or directly call me at 0031 (0)6 23 42 8991

Reviewed 9 July 2011

Nice beds and close to the city are the only positive things I can mention about this "design"hotel. No closet to put your clothes in, nothing to put your suitcase on.The rooms itself(rooms 160&170) very basic, cheap flooring, nothing on the walls, no airco. Absolutely no design room (2 modern chairs does not make your room a design room). The worst however was the constant noise from the kitchens ventilator pipe close to the window.
No more Eden hotel for us !

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
DirkJanDoek, General Manager at Hampshire Designhotel - Maastricht, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2011

Dear guest,

It was with much concern that I read of your dissatisfaction which you encountered recently at the Eden Designhotel Maastricht.

As you mentioned you stayed with us in rooms 160 & 170, two basic rooms. Basic rooms at the Eden Designhotel are characterized by their simplicity and their sober design. Your remarks regarding the closet are therefore also correct, basic rooms are not standard equipped with a closet. We give guests in their reservation confirmation the opportunity to reserve a closet. Also during your stay is the staff at the Eden Designhotel is more than happy to provide you with one, this all of course free of charge. Apparently this wasn’t communicated clearly; I apologize for this miss-communication and I will ask my reservation department to take a closer look at the reservation confirmation.

Regarding to your comment of the kitchen ventilator I directly asked my maintenance department to follow up on your remarks. I can understand that this wasn’t a pleasant night and what you hoped for when staying with us in Maastricht.

Once again I truly apologize for all the inconvenience. I will contact you as soon as possible by e-mail to find a suitable solution for your trouble. If you may have any other questions until then please contact me at: dirk-jan.doek@edenhotelgroup.com or directly call me at 0031 (0)6 23 42 8991

Reviewed 3 July 2011

The 'lobby' feels like a storage room and smells like an incense factory. The outside of my room door was decorated like a beer advert (hardly inconspicuous). I had to take a room without windows in order to get air conditioning, and it felt like a teenager had been let loose with a tin of paint...in summary, calls itself a 'Boutique Hotel', but more like a student halls of residence.

I'm told by colleagues that some of the rooms are amazing - but at these prices, you don't expect such a lottery.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
DirkJanDoek, General Manager at Hampshire Designhotel - Maastricht, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2011

Dear guest,

Thank you for writing us your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. We are always pleased when a guest will take time to write these.

I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us in the Eden Designhotel Maastricht. We have four theme rooms in our hotel, each of these rooms are decorated by special suppliers of the hotel. The room that you are referring to is the Bavaria room, guests get the feeling that they are sleeping in one of their breweries.

Regarding to your request to the air-conditioning I apologize for the incorrect communication. The majority of our rooms are equipped with air-conditioning and we would have been happy to accommodate you in a room with air-conditioning and a beautiful city view of Maastricht.

Could you please contact me on my e-mailadress below? This so that we can find a solution for the inconvenience as experienced by you.

I hope to welcome you soon again in Maastricht and I apologize once again for all inconvience. Please contact me at: dirk-jan.doek@edenhotelgroup.com or directly call me at 0031 (0)6 23 42 8991

Reviewed 28 June 2011

Eden Designhotel is suitably situated close to the main train station in Maastricht, and approximately 10 mins walk, along a nice shopping street, to the old bridge that takes you into the old part of town.

Entrance to the hotel is nicely designed (we were able to find it because of the red/white flag outside, as one easily passes by the entrance gate).
Staff at the reception is kind and helpful, although layout of the reception area is rather akward. For parking you need to take their keycard and park in a parking garage nearby. Same on picking up the car the next day, you need their keycard. Perhaps it would have been easier to receive a exit ticket for the garage (?) and pick up the car whenever you want.

Rooms are spacious but wouldn't really call it a "designed room"; just odd tiles in the bathroom and a nice chair does not make it a design room. We asked to look after a goldfish (at request when booking) but they forgot the fish food so the fish got anxious when we were close by.
As the rooms are close to the main road, there is quite a bit of noise from the street.

It is advisable (especially on Sundays) to have breakfast included as shops / restaurants are mostly closed.

Room Tip: ask for a goldfish