Me and my partner went to this hotel for new years eve, to celebrate this in Maastricht. We booked the Italian package with a Vespa scooter and breakfast. When we arrived no one welcomed us, so we asked whether we could check in. Unfortunately our room was not ready yet so we had to stall our suitcases somewhere. We planned to use the scooter so we had something to do, however we were told we could only use this untill 6 PM, (which was ofcourse not mentioned to us when the booking was made).
When we came back we were sent to a room, which was HORRIBLE, there was a half open bottle of water in the bathroom, which was obviously NOT CHECKED by the roomservice supervisor and the room was horrible. There was hair on the pillow and the safetybox was standing on the ground, it was a nightmare. Therefore I went downstairs and asked for another room, as I was not planning to celebrate new years evening in this ugly room. We were send to another room which was a little bit better (a.i. no empty bottle), however the state of the room is not what we call state-of-the-art. I think the last time they did a renovation was at least 10 years ago.
Just let me tell you one thing, it is a waste of money. I work at an eventcompany and organise at least 300 events throughout Europe for which I am familiair with lots of hotels and I would never recommend this hotel to one of my clients or friends, I would tell them not to go here.
R. ten Hove
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampshire - Designhotel Maastricht is just a few minutes’ walk from the central station. The hotel is in the heart of the trendy Wyck district, known for its unique fashion boutiques, delicatessens, antique shops, interior and design shops and art galleries. The old city centre is within walking distance; ideal for a city walk along the Markt, Onze Lieve Vrouwebasiliek, ‘t Bassin and Vrijthof, enjoying a terrace cafe along the way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampshire Designhotel - Maastricht reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden Designhotel Hotel Maastricht
- Maastricht Eden Designhotel Hotel