Crowne Plaza Maastricht
US$188
US$171
  • Restaurant
Amrath Hotel DuCasque(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
US$98
Hotels.com
Hotel St. Martenslane(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$85
Townhouse Hotel Maastricht(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
  • Bar/Lounge
US$94
US$77
US$121
US$106
All reviewsthe rivera river view roomexecutive roomold townpedestrian bridgean upgradehotel is locatedstar hotelexcellent locationnice roombreakfast buffetandre rieuq parkper dayrailway stationmin walklovely city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 October 2011

We love this hotel , we keep returning, position next to the wide river with excellent rooms and bar resturuant areas overlooking the river. From the hotel entrances you can choose to walk through the very intresting selection of resturuants and shops at the rear of the hotel or from you can walk along the river to one of the near by bridges , cross over the bridge for the larger stores and more fantastic bars , shops etc..

Only downside is the cost of the parking, although I love my car I dont think I should be paying £22 a night for its kennel, a very expensive week if you use the hotels underground car park which in fairness they lease from Q parks.

Room Tip: ask for a river view , they have always accomadated us with one
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2011

We paid a premium for the room here- maybe because it was the Spa grand prix and a lot of people stay in Maastricht. It was ok and clean by lacked any sort if wow factor that I would expect from a 5 star hotel at this price.
The location was good- just across the river from the town centre.
You could do about worse than this but it was nothing special really.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights and had our dog with us. All the staff were really helpful and friendly. The room was a little dated as was the bathroom but overall it was good value for money. The breakfast was massive and great. Definitely worth staying here if you are in Maastricht.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank goodwoodgiraffe
Reviewed 25 September 2011

This hotel needs a good refurbishment, room is ok but bathroom definitely to old for prices, service is good as well as location and beds. Should be more luxurious for prices paid

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank wilmick
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I recently stayed with my father at the Crowne Plaza Maastricht which we were using as our base to attend the Belgian Spa Grand Prix. Having stayed previously at Crowne Plaza hotels, I had high expectations. On arrival, following a drive from the UK, we found that the hotel parking was very poorly signposted. My father had to jump out and run into reception (through the rain) to find out where the carpark was and how to access it. This whole process requires improvement. On arrival at reception, we checked in and were given the key-cards to our room. I was dismayed to find we had been allocated a double room rather than the twin room that had been specified. A phone call to reception later and we were offered the option of staying in the room we had been allocated (which was an upgraded deluxe room) with a rollaway bed or take a twin room in the unrefurbished part of the hotel that was not a deluxe room. We opted to stay in the deluxe room with a rollaway bed. The staff were effecient in sorting this out but I was frustrated that the problem had even arisen as my instructions were clear as part of the booking process.

I was further disappointed to find that wifi was a costed extra in a hotel which I would consider to be at the higher end of the market. Come on - it's 2011 not 1911. I have stayed in backpacker hostels that offer free wifi and it is unacceptable, given the price that is being charged, that wifi isn't included as standard.

The TV in the room was pretty hopeless. It was impossible to determine which channel was being viewed as there was no on-screen display, the volume on the TV was abysmal and even cranked up to full volume was difficult to hear and it wasn't possible to directly enter a channel number which required incrementing each channel one by one. This can quickly become annoying.

We had a poor night's sleep as it became obvious that our room was not only situated very near to the lifts but also seemingly underneath the lift pulley system which sounded like it was housed directly above our room. There was a near constant mechanical whine and whirr throughout the night as the lift was called.

So to breakfast he following morning. It wasn't clear whether breakfast was included so we checked at the podium outside the breakfast room and our names were included on the list, generally a sign (in my experience) that breakfast is included in the room rate. We proceeded to have a light breakfast. On our way back to the room I decided to check again with reception and we were informed that actually breakfast wasn't included. We had just been fleeced 48 euros for some scrambled eggs and a croissant. Outrageous prices for breakfast. Even if I had eaten everything on offer at the breakfast buffet it wasn't worth 24 euros a head. Even more frustrating was that the following day we decided to skip breakfast given the prohibitive prices. This did not prevent breakfast being charged to my bill. I queried this with reception and they said that they had assumed we would be taking breakfast again. What? Since when have hotels employed mind-readers who can anticipate my every action? I've never heard of this before. Anticipatory breakfast charging.

On check out from the hotel, I paid close attention to the charges on the bill and I was in equal measure delighted and dismayed to see yet another inconsistency. We had now not been charged for breakfast on either day we stayed. So was breakfast included or not? I was happy that I didn't need to take out a second mortgage to pay for the eggs and croissants so I decided not to query the bill any further.

Taking all of this into consideration I would choose somewhere else to stay if visiting Maastricht again and Crowne Plaza need to buck their ideas up considerably.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family