“Great hotel - Wonderful location”

Crowne Plaza Maastricht
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Maastricht
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Right on the river and in the midst of a great street with all kinds of shops, cobble stone road, etc.. The room was very clean, well equipped. Paid the extra money for the breakfast which we enjoyed very much. Will definitely stay again on return trip.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Maastricht

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I visited Maastricht to attend conference. I stayed here earlier too. It is very good hotel located at the centre of Maastricht just at the river bank. Its a very good hotel and recommended for both business and leisure trip.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I learned that this hotel is now under new management - hopefully things will get better; already I had a better experience than the last time.

Curiously I had the same room as on my previous stay - and the telephones still did not work! I had to go to the front desk to order room service. Discussing the issue with the front desk lady she let slip that the hotel was under new management and that renovations were in progress.

So it has potential. It's wonderfully situated and should become a good hotel. I

Room Tip: river view is nice
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank canoepunkie
Crowne6221, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Maastricht, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear John O'Groats,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.

It is true that we have a new management, we are planning to do renovations in the coming year.
I trust that the issues will not deter you from choosing us as your hotel in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

Crowne Plaza Maastricht

Lex Nijenhuis

Reviewed 25 December 2013

This hotel is located right on the east bank of the Maas river. City center is on the other side of the river, but it's just a short walk across the bridge. All west facing rooms have balconies with river view. The south facing rooms also have balconies but only the ones on the upper two floors (3rd & 4th) enjoy a good river view. Initially we got a south facing room on the first floor, but upon request we were moved to the 4th floor for free. Rooms are well decorated with rather new furniture, but carpets (outdated design, stains) and bathrooms (mediocre shower) are somewhat old, as are the elevators, and could do with an overhaul. We arrived when a storm was hitting maastricht. The sliding door to the balcony was not locking airtight, so occasionally we heard the wind whistling quite noisily.. But all in all a very decent stay, with a great, large bed ;-) and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Best value for money: South facing rooms on 3rd and 4th floor
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarOhv
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I was initially skeptical about booking here because of some of the reviews on various travel and hotel booking sites. However, I must say that those reviews don't do justice to Crowne Plaza. This hotel is way better and pretty excellent. We (me and my office colleagues) booked the river view room for five nights and got what we booked. The room was clean (and subsequent housekeeping service was great too), mini bar well stocked, complimentary stuff like 'This works: Sleep' etc. Bed was nice and comfy, the view was awsome. Overall the location is great, with a supermarket and Coffee Lovers nearby and a good plaza (Vrijthof) and shopping area just across the river bridge 10 min walk from the hotel. The staff was helpful and cooperative, check in was excellent.
Just one issue at check out, the lady on the counter was very unhelpful unattentive as if she didn't care I was even standing there. Then the bill she made included breakfast charges (I hadn't had breakfast) and she didn't show me the bill until I had paid already. Later when I asked her to check this out, she didn't say a word and went into the back room behind the counter. I assumed she was gonna check this but 5-10min and no response. Then another lady on the counter asked me what the issue was, checked her file, agreed it was a mistake and re-printed the invoice. The first lady came back and didn't bother to as much as even look at me or apologize or say anything. I think she was downright rude.

Room Tip: Get the room with a river view, its very nice.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Very friendly and helpfull staff with a good knowlegde about the city and their history.
My tv wasnt working properly and even though I didnt watch a lot of TV I was granted a free breakfast for the inconvinience.

The hotel is situated close to the station and from the hotel you have a nice view onto the Maas and its skyline

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The location at the river in the center of Maastricht is just perfect. Many nice shops and restaurants in walking distance. Great to go jogging along the water and through the city. We stayed there twice and twice we got a room near the elevator. The elevator and the hotel itself is all very old. Renovation is urgently needed and so the two times we were there we couldn't sleep because of the very loud elevator. Besides that the mirror just fell off the wall. The toilet pot is not white anymore but the inside turned brown (not properly cleaned during the years). All the amenities you need but the room was very full with furniture. Very helpful and friendly staff at the reception and when we complained about the fact that we couldn't sleep because of the elevator they gave us a fine reduction on the hotel rate. We didn't try the breakfast. We thought is was quite expensive 24 euro - I cannot eat for that price. They offered us the breakfast for 17 euro but we didn't take it. We didn't eat at all so we can not give any comments on the restaurant. If this hotel will be renovated we will go back again - if not we will choose another hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a room far away from the elevator but with a view over the river
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adriana V
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Maastricht, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Dear Adriana V,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. It is great to know you appreciate our location as well as your concerns were addressed by our staff during your stay. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs and expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with the condition of our hotel. We take all feedback seriously. It helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C