“We loved that place”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We have been there a few times and this place never disappointed us. We had delicious dinner in a nice place.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

We went to visit the place on April 26 (2013), on recommendation of our hotel's concierge. That day I had lobster and my companion took the bouillabaisse: everything was great, tasty, perfectly cooked and served. The price/quality ratio was very good for the quality of the dinner. The next evening, we decided to go back to the same place. What a deep mistake! on April 27 (was it the same chef?) everything was different and disappointing: almost a shame. The waiting time was awfully long. It was not the same bouillabaisse, even if my companion rated it as good (not excellent). The bistro ran out of lobster, so I choose a 'meunière-style' sole: the fish supposed to weight 500gr barely reached 350 gr, but did cost 40 € + VAT! That poor fish was largely overcooked, almost burned, and dry. You couldn't get the meat from the bones. I mentioned that to the waiter, but he didn't pay attention. The manager started to listen when I mentioned I would inform TripAdvisor!. To compensate, he offered us a drink. We have appreciate the gesture, but ... I am not sure we want to renew the experience.

Reviewed 10 February 2013

We visited this restaurant a few times the past year and I’m becoming more surprised during every visit. The son of the owners is making slightly changes step by step and every time it’s an improvement. The wine list is improving; they tend to have more qualitative Italian wines at affordable prices. The lunch menu is always a surprise; very good value for money. They told me thet a going to change the interior in a short while and that will give this restaurant an uplift that’s congruent with the food & wines. The service is excellent and this restaurant has an outstanding price-quality-ratio. It’s also located very central in Maastricht.

Reviewed 2 December 2012

This was a family visit to 't Plenkske on a first visit to Maastricht and although from the outside it looks like just another restaurant inside it is not.

The service and food from start to finish was exceptional with the little apertiser being a clue to what was to come. Glasses were almost invisibly replenished and the courses, although not particularly quick in arriving, were exceptional. The highlights were the Frogs Legs in sauce and the steak for me but murmurs about the deer and the chocolate desert from family members were just as complimentary.

Not cheap but that very special occasion very highly recommended.

3  Thank r2uzenblot
Reviewed 24 August 2012

This has been our favorite restaurant in Maastricht for over 37 years; the first time we went here was back in 1975. Our children were almost born here. So for our 38th wedding anniversary we went back to Maastricht again and we enjoyed a fabulous lunch at the terrace. Nice priced set lunch and dinner; good menu and wine list as well; friendly staff. See the pictures and be convinced!

3  Thank anthonyholland