All reviewsthe main squareboutique hotelperfect locationtvcitycentreuniversity
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Central hotel, a warm welcome and a great,generous and varied breakfast! Our room was spacious and spotless but perhaps a litle boring qua style. Good professional hosts and als stated already a great breakfast!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 February 2013

My husband and I have just spent 10 days in Maastricht - staying at the Hotel de Pauwenhof and it was perfect. The hotel is clean , friendly, and within walking distance to the main squares. Car parking too which is a must for us as we travel to Europe by car , albeit a charge! Lift to all floors - again a must as we always seem to end up on the upper floors. Breakfast was a great choice of continental and also a small cooked , bacon and eggs. Beautiful hotel , very grand and recommended. Rooms , especially the double - very spacious !

Room Tip: I feel rooms would be all as lovely as ours. We were on the front of the hotel and that was quiet so no problem noise wise!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2012

This boutique hotel is quaint due to the style of the building and interior. It is an old building with lots of character. The hotel and its facilities are kept to a high standard.

The bedrooms are very comfortable, characteristic, clean and warm. There is also an Nespresson machine in the bedrooms for coffee lovers! The rooms are not overly luxurious, which is reflected by their competive prices, however we we not left needing anything and fully satisfied.

The rates were competitive in comparison to other city centre hotels, that were not as nice. My friends stayed in a more central hotel by the train station which was far more expensive and the rooms were not nearly as nice or finished to as high a standard as Hotel de Pauwenhof. The hotel also offers limited private parking which is reasonably priced, advice booking in advance.

Breakfast offered a good range of food which was very fresh.

It is in a good location, within walking distance of all central and major landmarks. It is a 7-10 minute walk to Vrijthof Square.

Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Overall a lovely hotel in a good location offering good value.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2012

In my serach for a hotel in Maastrich, I found a lot of trendy options with reviews about noise, thin walls, etc. I choose Pauwenhof, and it was is good choice. The hotel is charming, the owner helpful, and the location amazing. And, we slept great, and only saw and heard other guests in the morning at breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, at the back.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2travelingbugs
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I stayed here during a recent business trip and found it to be very much as described by others on TA. Nice, small boutique hotel, wifi and breakfast were included in my rate, but based on other reviews that seems to vary. Staff were helpful and friendly, some more than others knowing more about local tours/attractions. Location was excellent, close to old town, but also the bus stops which could take you elsewhere around town. Breakfast was a nice variety. I would definitely recommend the hotel to others.

Room Tip: If you can not manage flights of spiral stairs make sure to book a room on the ground floor, the lift (elevator) is small and slow.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business