If you're staying in masstricht and don't have to be in the city center, this is a great hotel. Clean, modern with a restaurant and bar. Staff was generally very helpful. Room was large and clean with a very nice bathroom with unit to heat towels and floor was partically heated too, with bath and shower stall. I used the internet service only once, it was too expensive! And an unopened bottle of good belgian beer was "removed" from my room by housekeeping!! [what's up with that?
But here's the best part - the location. Just one block up the street stopped the #4 bus. It takes you to:
1) central train station in 15 min
2) the town center and Vrijthof in 25 min
3) to aachen germany in 55 min and the aachen central train
station (to Cologne, etc)
4) the Gulpener brewery in 40 min [for all you beer lovers]
5) the old walls of maastricht where D'Artangnon [sp] died defending the city
6) and at the central station you can change buses to go to Valkenburg - a nice, relaxing town with loads of restarants, cafes, a natural spa, cave/labyrinths, and the only hilltop castle ruins in the netherlands
Also, you can buy a 4 euro day-pass and ride all day - even to germany!
I guess I've said enough...
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Van der Valk Hotel Maastricht reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.