“Great!!”

Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 March 2014

A great place to taste great Belgian/Flemish dishes and a variety of Belgian beers. You must taste the home brew beer!! In a atmosphere of a Flemish late-60s-early-70s time capsule. Speedy service without being rushed.

There are newer reviews for Witloof From Belgium

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I visited the restaurant with a group of friends on a freezing Maastricht day. The hearty belgian specialists were fantastic. Portions are huge so come with a big appetite or ask if you can take some home!

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Three course menus with simple but very tasteful traditional Belgian dishes. The restaurant recommends three different Belgian beers per dish (including dessert) out of a total number of 101 (!) beers they serve. Friendly staff and original tableware. I totally recommend this place.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We were with a gorup of people like 12. We ate a dinner in room downstairs, basement so I mainly rmember the basement in which we have spent time. It was mainly a red well designed room, including lots of symbols,and all walls were covered with women pictures. One may easily understand that the architect (or designer ) of the retaurant made something special which contributes a lot to the taste of the diner. The kitchen was Belgium and the dishes were simply, tasteful, but I can not avoid thinkin if the kitchen were out of this design would it be so tasteful? I am sure it would be special but design made a lot in means of support. the vaults of the basement room where we were was covered with huge prints of the Ruben paintings 'Venus, Cupid, Bacchus and Ceres' (around year 1600).
Some ate Rubbit, some ate salmon like dishes, and I have choosen Muscles with white wine, Muscles were like I have eaten in Nice, so I was happy with it. There were more than 40 small muscles in a huge metallic cup like hot kitchen staff. Like eating nuts, it was easy and with a white wine..., We have stayed there in Design Hotel but, the real design was here in this restaurant in which symbols were plenty. I liked the resturant and the food but did not like tose serving people. Anyway , I was happy with the room and also the food so I did not pay attention to those serving errors. But a more professional one on food service may criticize this nice place so I would say, check your prices and service frquently. The rest is realy good. And I strongly recommend the food and the designed place.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

This is my second time to eat at Witloof and both times the service and food was excellent.
You should book a table as the restaurant gets so busy that you would be waiting a long time to be seated, we booked for 18.00 hrs on Saturday and were given a table immediately but the restaurant filled up as if they were giving the food away.

The food itself was very tasty and we all selected a different dish from the 3 course menu and we were unable to even have coffee at the end of the meal, it was really tasty and value for money.
On leaving the restaurant around 20.00 hrs there were at least 10 people waiting for a table so the restaurant is well know and booked out quickly. Would recommend the restaurant and would also recommend you book a table in advance.

1  Thank RonBiggles