The lobby reception and bar area is fantastically beautiful and unique. (I could go on and on about this but only photo's can do justice.) The desk check-in staff was professional and extremely courteous and helpful. The bar wait staff also excellent (I had wine and soup that was delicious).
My room was up 2 flights of stairs but there are bellman to help with luggage. The wifi is free in the lobby, reception, bar and breakfast areas but there was no wifi in my room (internet only via ethernet in my room-which didn't work with my iPhone or my new Macbook Pro!!!!!). The bathroom was very large, like new and and very nice with a beautiful glass wall that was architecturally pleasing. The reading lamps were excellent and the bed and bedding super comfortable and luxurious.
My big problem:
I forgot to mention this when checking out so I'll do so here. I'm sure this can be fixed but I HATED the shower in my room. If you like a rain fall shower - you'll be fine but I don't care for them (takes too long to rinse my long, thick hair). The problem was the handheld showerhead was not working properly. When I turned it on, the showerhead water aimed for the ceiling. The usual adjustments to the attachment device did not work. One should be able to adjust and aim the handheld down (like a regular showerhead). My only solution was to hold the shower head in one hand while I wrestled with my shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc with the other hand. It took forever to shower and wash my hair (not the worst problem but unworthy of a hotel at this price point.) Lack of wifi in room and difficult shower experience left me feeling grumpy. Overall, though, I would highly recommend this hotel (just expect no wifi and check your showerhead before you settle in to your room.) Hotel was easy walk to town center and Maastricht is a charming city! Taxi from train station to hotel was 15,50€. Taxi from hotel to train station was 8,70€. (whatever....)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Entrance of the Kruisherenhotel, an ancient monestary and church converted in a hotel and restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotel.de, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kruisherenhotel Maastricht reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kruisherenhotel Maastricht Hotel Maastricht
- Kruisherenhotel Hotel Maastricht
- Maastricht Kruisherenhotel Hotel