Our entry to our second floor bedroom began with climbing narrow steep steps; on our 13th step landed a cathedral ceiling room. This hotel was an authentic cathedral but with today's price (weaken currency vs euro) and medieval space & plumbing problems (both leaky vanity sink & bath tub's small glass door did not stop wetting the bathroom floor).... Not much space for either side of the double bed; one side: watch your head against the supporting strut overhung the bed and the other: a sleepy head may take you a dangerous plunge to the bottom of the steps. Aren't we getting old such things start bothering us? Also the hotel displays a poem in each room; ours happens to be The Old Men. For our reading pleasure, a book of poems in four different languages provided for 35 euros. No Bible？ After all, this place is NO longer church but now is a commercial entity for those of us seeking for one of a king place to stay.
Would the second night get
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Entrance of the Kruisherenhotel, an ancient monestary and church converted in a hotel and restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Kruisherenhotel Maastricht reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kruisherenhotel Maastricht Hotel Maastricht
- Kruisherenhotel Hotel Maastricht
- Maastricht Kruisherenhotel Hotel