We went there from 13/05 till 16/05.
We have chosen a Prestige room. We got room N°3.
The hotel is in a old church. Simply amazing location! 10 minits from the center of the City.
To the contrary to what we have red before :
- the room was perfectly clean. Spacious (around 50 m²), with an perfect bathroom with bath and amazing big shower room. Very designed furnished. Everything perfect on that side.
- It's a 5 stars hotel, so the price is certainly not cheap (like parking at 30 EUR/day or breakfast at 27 EUR / people) . But the quality of the room, the food and the location is at the level of what you pay for.
Regarding sleeping quality, the beds were perfect, only a bit noisy sometimes because it's stones everywhere, people working in the hotel should perhaps not whear high heels shoes which can make a little noise hearly in the morning.
Only little problems is not regarding the service itselfs: people are very kind and helpfull but there seems to be little logistics problems around the service (between the different departments) and not enough communication to the customers in such an hotel level.
- We used the card to get breakfast in our room the first morning. It was not replaced for the next day.
- We took white wine in the mini bar. It was not replaced. When we asked for it. We received red instead. And the same the next days. Surelly this would mean that white wine was missing but in that case, the people of the hotel should know it or a message should be left in the room to explain and appologize.
- Because we had no card to order breakfast in our room for the 2nd day, we called the reception who was very helpful to take the order for us. But we did not get the breakfast the next day! We called and received it 10 minits after with appologises.
- The last day, there was again no order breakfast card in the room. We asked for it and received one. But when breakfast came, is was not complete compared to what we asked : we had tea for one instead of 2, there was no sugar neither. No salt and peper while we had eggs, we asked for mushrooms and there were not there.
The food is excellent : we took a salad in our room the first night and it was simply delicious. So, on saterday night we reserved a table in the restaurant of the hotel. Very beautifull location even if I should thing that the decoration should have been more theatralistic for such a place (but it's my taste)! The food was perfect and the associated wines too, the only problem was that it was a little too long between the courses. We stayed 3 hours for a 4 services cource (desert included).
In conclusion :
- if these little logistics problems should be resolved,
- and personnaly if a system for tea and coffee was also foreseen in the room (at least in the privilege rooms and suite),
it would be a really perfect hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Entrance of the Kruisherenhotel, an ancient monestary and church converted in a hotel and restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kruisherenhotel Maastricht reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kruisherenhotel Maastricht Hotel Maastricht
- Kruisherenhotel Hotel Maastricht
- Maastricht Kruisherenhotel Hotel