“A memorable diner in the best way”
Review of Rantree

Rantree
Ranked #3 of 429 Restaurants in Maastricht
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We read good reviews and decided to give it a try. The staff were very friendly, professional and knew about the wine and food. Before diner we had a drink and were treated with some appetizers. They were delicious and just perfect. We ordered the market menu and again it was amazing. We took the wine arrangement too and this was also a good decision. Wines of a kind you wouldn't normally be served in a restaurant, with an explanation by our waitress. The dessert ... what can we say? Excellent. We were having such a good time that three hours went by like nothing. When I got the check I was pleasantly surprised with the reasonable prices charged by such an excellent restaurant.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Since we´re going out for dinner very often I suppose we are able to make a good comparison. Yesterday we had a wonderful lunch @ Rantree. The service is very competent, fast and professional. The food is superb. We ordered a 3 course lunch for 35€ each but in the end got 2 amuse bouche courses as well as one soup and one pre-dessert extra, which made the lunch perfect. High quality food for a very reasonable price! The team is young but very professional though. I wish the team all the best and many many satisfied guests. We will definitely come back soon !! :-)

1  Thank dj200285
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We were in Maastricht to see the Andre Rieu concert. We stumbled across this place whilst looking for a meal prior to the concert. There was not much custom which worried us a bit , but the foodk and service was superb albeit rather expensive (150euros for 2 with a good bottle of wine)

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Before Andre Rieu' s concert on July 18, we have a wonderful dinner at Rantree. We eat on the terrace, with a nice view on Maas river. The services are at the highest level, the food very tastfully and well presented. Nice place, we will return.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

To say I am not a fan of dutch food is an understatement however a meal on Thursday 10th July at Rantree restaurant changed this forever.
This is by far the best meal I have ever enjoyed in Holland. Being greedy I had chosen the five course taster menu. Every course was just perfect and the choice of five accompanying wines offered by the young sommelier (Jennifer if I remember correctly) was just perfect.
I could fault nothing from start to finish and if luck has it and I am within 100 kilometers of this restaurant in the near or distant future I will return to ensure that they have maintained such a high standard.
Incidentally I have travelled and eaten in 99 countries and this eating experience ranks in the top 10 of what I have enjoyed anywhere on the planet so far.
David