“Decent food, good location, horrible staff” 2 of 5 bubbles

Price range: US$44 - US$147
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Toronto, Canada
“Decent food, good location, horrible staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

We had 2 friends visiting Maastricht, and it was a last minute decision to go here, as we thought it would be a good dining experience in a nice location. The restaurant itself was lovely, with stone walls, and a cozy atmosphere. Unfortunately, from the first interaction with the serving staff, the enjoyment of the evening slowly declined from there.

The server asked to take our coats, and then instead of hanging them with everyone else's, threw them on a chair beside the closet. Granted, we were casually dressed, but if you have a dress code, then let me know and I'd be happy to come back in more appropriate attire. What I do not expect is to be treated like a second class citizen, and made to feel belittled. I am paying the same for the same experience as the other diners, and at the very least, I expect to be treated with respect.

Food I would rate as average. Some things were good, others mediocre. The champagne was not great, the prosecco was actually better. Service was disappointing. I definitely will not return. There are definitely other restaurants in Maastricht with better food and better service for about the same price.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Maastricht, Limburg, Netherlands
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

I was here with my mother and girlfriend and it was a nice experience. The food was well presented and the vitello tonato was made with craftsmanship. We enjoyed it here. The portions are a bit small, but it was worth it!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Vaduz, Liechtenstein
“Great place, nice harbor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

Nice cosy restaurant and bar. We had an apero first, and than switched to the for dinner. We ate fish, everything was very good. Do not miss it! There are few tables, so remember to make a reservation.

Visited February 2013
Maastricht
“Exciting food choices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

We went to Molo 5 and had a 5 course surprise dinner. We got dishes we never had before: carpaccio from octopus and a cheese fondue from Camembert baked in the oven. It was delicious and the combination of ingredients was fabulous. We will definitely go back again!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Really a lovely experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

I'm not much of a review person, but I must say this restaurant is great, lovely scenery, great food, I just want to recommend this place to all people visiting Maastricht.