“Worst service ever” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Roermond
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Worst service ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012 via mobile

This has to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed in in 20 years of business travel, terrible service on arrival very rude and unhelpful.
Second evening came down to the bar for a drink, was initially ignored by staff and when I did attract their attention and asked for a beer I was told to wait.......I waited for a few more minutes then left, 11 minutes and still no beer!.

I followed the room instructions to leave used towels in the bath so they would be replaced, I returned to my room this evening only to find those same used towels refolded and hanging over my radiator!!!!!!

I'm still waiting for the manager to contact me and it's now day3...

• Stayed May 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
marske by the sea cleveland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

Not impressed, intially it looked ok to dine have some lunch but it just did not taste fresh - well presented awful food.
tables and toilets were not to clean.
\Simple would not eat in there again.

Room Tip: not there at hotel roermond pay the extra and stay somewhere nice.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank QUALITY104

Travellers are raving about these Roermond hotels

Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

We stayed in the separate bit of the hotel - above the nightclub on a noisy street - AWFUL - so loud we could nto sleep.
Bathroom was clean. Breakfast was in the main hotel - serve yourself from a coffee machine and bits to eat - we had to walk over some glass from something that had been broken on the floor and not cleared up......... you get the picture! Staff were all nice - but it didnt make up for the lack of sleep and generally depressing environment.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
Majorca, Spain
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

This hotel is perfectly located for people wishing to visit Roermond (next to the station). My room was basic but decent in size, amenities etc. However the stay was spoiled by dirty bed-sheets (smelly, inside matress stained) and towels (probably clean, but again stained which is off-putting). I hope that with the money they charged me they buy new bedsheets and towels. Because I arrived late to my room (I went for a wedding) I was not able to contact reception to ask for them to change my room or sheets...

To end on a positive note: breakfast was very good....

• Stayed October 2010
      Sleep Quality
Scotland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2006

The hotel is split into 2. The main part with the reception sits near the train station and it is very nice. The other part which we stayed in is across the street in the main square. Our room was directly above a nightclub so you can imagine how much sleep we didn't get. The main square is full of pubs and everyone sits outside so the noise was incredible. I have to say the room was basic but clean and the staff were very friendly. Our big problem was the noise. Dont expect much sleep if you stay here. If you get the main part of the hotel away from the square I dont think the noise would be a problem.

• Disliked — Sits above nightclub / bars
  • Tips/Secrets — Insist on the main part of the hotel away from the bars
  • Stayed April 2006, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank ITD
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2004

13/01/04Had to do a review to share our excellent experience in Hotel Roermond, Netherlands. We were lucky as we were reccomneded it by my Sister & her husband who have recently moved to Germany, but are 10 mins from Holland. I also did a search on the web of places to stay in Roermond & it did come up, but I must admit the pictures didn't do it justice. It is above The Dinner Inn, wich is a lovely restaurant opposite Roermond train station, so excellent location & very easy to find! Rooms were very spacious with a lovely view over the square, sitting area, modern bathroom, & cable tv. With continental breakfast incl. it is a must!Roermond is a beautiful town, with lots of character & history. Lovely shopping area & they even have a McArthur Glenn Outlet centre a 10 min walk away.It was Christmas & it snowed, so magical, we really didn't want to leave. All of the staff waved us off, we will definately return.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roermond
Van der Valk Theaterhotel de Oranjerie
Ringhotels De Oolderhof
Ringhotels De Oolderhof
#5 of 7 in Roermond
Sandton Chateau De Raay

Been to Hotel Roermond? Share your experiences!