“Good Hotel; Will Book Again”

Golden Tulip Keyser
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Breda
Reviewed 25 August 2010

I have to go to Breda once or twice per year. Because it is a small town, there are not any hotels from my company's preferred hotel list in town, so I have always had trouble finding a good hotel here (I have had several bad experiences with some of the local hotels). The only acceptable place I had found up this point was the Novotel which is not very conveniently located for my trips.

However, pleased to say I will probably stick with the Golden Tulip Keyser from now on. The rooms were clean and spacious. The hotel itself is nicely decorated and quiet. The location is right near the town center, so it is easy to walk somewhere for dinner, drinks or shopping.

All in all, not my favorite hotel in the world, but definitely my new favorite in Breda.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 May 2010

My stay here has been wonderful.. I totally enjoyed the comfortable and clean room. Service is good and the staff are really friendly. Its near to the shopping streets and to the train station. I would love to stay here again when I visit Breda...

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2010

Without a doubt the best Golden Tulip I stayed at (not a big accomplishment perhaps but still it is a good hotel). It is very centrally located near the city centre (with lots of shopping, restaurants etc) and also with easy access from the train station.

The hotel does not look like anything special from the outside but once inside it has a modern feel to it and the staff were truly friendly and very helpful.

My room was a corner room on the 5th floor. The room had several windows which gave the room a slightly bigger feel. There was even a very small balcony.

Other than that the room was pretty standard with a desk, tv and a few chairs. There was a water kettle in the room which I appreciate. I do however not understand the apparent aversion to providing an iron and ironing board in every room but I have gotten used to it after travelling extensively in the Netherlands (of course it is possible to get it by asking the reception but would still prefer to have it in the room).

The bed was comfortable although it could have been a bit bigger. Everything was new and had a modern feeling to it. The bathroom was pretty standard with a bathtub.

The hotel also offers free internet (wifi) but you have to ask for the access codes at the reception.

The breakfast was a step up from the standard business hotel breakfast with plenty of options to choose from such as hot food like pancakes, several types of eggs (fried, scrambled), bacon, sausages but also plenty of cold food.

I was very happy with my stay and will most likely become a regular (seeing that I frequently travel to Breda on business).

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2010

The reception was welcoming and the rooms were nice. Great to have free wifi in the room as well as a computer downstairs with internet access. We also used the printer free of charge. Breakfast is very good but a bit on the expensive side - weak Sterling doesn't help.
We didn't eat in the restaurant but had a drink in the bar which had a nice atmosphere. The hotel is in a perfect location - close to the centre of Breda but very quiet.

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed 15 November 2009

Nice hotel, European styling. Short walk to the Grote Market where there are literally hundreds of shops and restaurants. Awesome location, cozy hotel. Great restaurant and bar.

Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2009

Stayed one night on business trip. The rooms were uninspired, but done up to be kind of stylish. Ours was actually one recatangle room, divided up by modular furniture, if you will, to where the bathroom was technically in the same room, but on the other side of the cabinet behind the bed. So there was no door for the bathroom, or separate walled-off area, which meant that the steam from your shower creates a greenhouse effect for the whole room (I am sure other fumes from the bathroom do the same) but at least the shower steam subsided quickly. It's bascially like a holiday-in express, business hotel.

With that said, due to travel schedule, we had to check in very early, and check out the next day very late, and the staff was extremely accomodating with our bags and giving us a conference room with our own key to lock them up in, change in, and hang out in since we didn't have a room (free of charge).

Also located a block of the main shopping street and 4 blocks from the main square, so excellent location for the social side of things.

I wouldn't recommend it if I knew more about other hotels in the area, but as I only will go to Breda for business I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2009

When you expect to find a typical Golden Tulip hotel, you are happily surprised! The interior of the hotel reminds me more of the charming and exclusive European style boutique hotels. All the rooms are different and nicely decorated.
The beds are European size, but very comfy. The lively city centre is at true walking distance. As for the menu: the portions are quite big for european standards, and the salad I had was delicious..

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple