Golden Tulip Hotel Central
Sense Hotel(Den Bosch)
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsmarket squaregreat locationmain entrancetrain stationreception staffseparate roomi highly recommend this hotelwonderful townexcellent hotelshops and restaurantshotel guestsbreakfast roombossche bollenclean roomscar parknice stayfree wifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I recently spent three nights in s'Hertogenbosch at the Hotel Central and it was wonderful. The location could not be better unless for some reason you feel compelled to stay right near the train station which in my opinion is not necessary. The town of s'Hertogenbosch is built around a central platz / square and that all roads lead to and Hotel Central is right smack in the middle of that square. Walk to anything in the city easily: restaurants, shopping, trains, cathedral, etc. I travel a ton for work so I am kind of picky and there is really nothing about this hotel that I found to be bad in any way. I think I must have been in the old part of the hotel (room 403) because the walls appeared to be 1.5 foot thick brick walls so the room are super quiet and for European standards was good sized. The breakfast at the hotel is fantastic but fairly expensive at 13 Euros. Good bar at night and, of course, you must have a Boschen Ball for a dessert or late night snack.

Room Tip: Rooms on what I would call the back of the hotel (same side as where you enter for the check-in desk) have no view but are great because they are super quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
ManagerGTCentral, Public Relations Manager at Golden Tulip Hotel Central, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Thank you very much for your comments and compliments. We have 9 different roomtype, situated in the front and the back of our hotel. We appreciate it when you let us know your preferences about the room. We hope to welcome you again soon,

Kind regards,
Golden Tulip Hotel Central
Els Becks

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I can only say positive things about my stay at the Golden Tulip Hotel Central. The room was extremely comfortable, the bathroom and shower great, the Internet worked perfectly and the staff was more than pleasant. Breakfast was very good and there is a fine restaurant upstairs that leads out to the central plaza of the city and within walking distance of the cathedral and everything you would need in Den Bosch. I highly recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

The single rooms are very tiny. The restaurant is great. The location is the best. The reception is ok. The meeting rooms are very good. The parking is right next door and at13 euro/night very cheap. Suites in the oldest part of the hotel are worth asking for

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed here as my husband was taking part in a Barbershop Festival. The hotel is perfectly positioned in the centre of 'den Bosch', which boasts an awe-inspiring cathedral, art museum and carnival museum, as well as a multitude of interesting shopping facilities from trendy and fashionable to an extensive market on Saturdays. We found the hotel staff to be extremely friendly, and eager to please. The restaurant meals were beautifully presented and delicious, and the buffet style breakfast was plentiful and various, with something to suit all tastes. Our beds were blissfully comfortable, and everything was clean and well presented. We look forward to visiting again.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front (ie not overlooking the square) are quieter on a Saturday because the marker sets up early in the morning.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We had a short but nice stay here.
Room looked very nice, bathroom was fine as well, everything was clean. My husband thought the room looked a bit dated, probably because the colors they used are quite dark. But I think it looked fine.
Location in the centre of the city is good. I did think it was a bit expensive, maybe that's because there are not that many hotels in the city centre.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple