“Fabulous staff!”

Golden Tulip Hotel Central
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Den Bosch
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Any hotel is really only as good as its staff, and if there is a nicer crew at a hotel anywhere in the world, i haven't met them, and i spend a lot of time in hotels. Big smile when you arrive, can we park the car (and they get it for you next morning), oh it has been a long day for you, should i arrange some food for your room? no but could you find a table in the restaurant? of course! and the food is good, and as a bonus there is a very cool jazz band with an excellent crooner doing their thing. I've stayed here three or four times at it is really one of my favourite hotels in the world, and that is because of their excellent staff...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank christopher h
ManagerGTCentral, General Manager at Golden Tulip Hotel Central, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

It is so wonderful to read Your review, because that is exactly what we strive for; to make You feel as if You are in your second home. Thank You on behalf of all of us and I hope to see You soon to thank You personally. For your information; every first friday of the month we have live jazz. Kindest Regards, Karin Rademaker

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Stayed at the hotel for 4 days over New Years, as I was in town for the first time for NYE. The hotel was easy to find and parking is right next door at a fair price.
In general I had a pleasant stay though some things could be improved.
Ups and Downs:
Ups:
- The room was not large, but had everything I needed and was perfectly cleaned.
- The fitness room has a great location on top of the building with large windows for great overlook over the rooftops as well as the cathedral church.
- The staff was very kind and had a good sense of humor.
- The location of the hotel is perfect - right in the middle of town, and it functioned excellent for a tourist where I could take walks around town but still use the hotel for breaks during the day.
Downs:
- I called the reception to have a iron and ironing board brought up. After 30 minutes I called again, and appearantly they had forgotten my request. Perhaps they were busy since it was 31. dec. - and they did apologize, however it seemed in general the reception did not have a good process of writing down request,
- I called the reception to collect the iron and ironing board when I was done with it - and I placed them outside my door. When I left the hotel 1.5 days later - it was still standing outside my door.
- I asked the reception for a map and location of the local movie theatre. I was given a map and a circle was put on the map of where the movie theatre was - however when I went to that location, it was not there. It turned out it was quite a bit further down the street.

Overall a good stay, and I would consider staying there again during future visits, however especially the reception staff should improve their processes of documenting requests.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Nick E
ManagerGTCentral, Guest Relations Manager at Golden Tulip Hotel Central, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Thank you very much for your comments, we really appreciate this. We have improved our proces of documenting request and picking up the ironboard. Next time you will stay with us, there will only be ups and no downs. Hope to see you soon in Central!

Reviewed 11 January 2014

This was my second stay at this location at it was just a good as the first. The view this time was much better overlooking the market, but this came at a price as it was noisy at all hours while they set up and tore down market stands. The beds are VERY comfortable and the rooms are always clean. Any time I'm in Den Bosch in the future, I will plan to stay at the Tulip again.

Not a complaint to be made at all.

Room Tip: Market views are great, but not for light sleepers due to the noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 December 2013

This hotel has a perfect location for the old town of Den Bosch. Varied rooms as some have been refurbished. One bar that goes directly out into a big square. Have stayed several times and would recommend.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I recently spent three nights in s'Hertogenbosch at the Hotel Central and it was wonderful. The location could not be better unless for some reason you feel compelled to stay right near the train station which in my opinion is not necessary. The town of s'Hertogenbosch is built around a central platz / square and that all roads lead to and Hotel Central is right smack in the middle of that square. Walk to anything in the city easily: restaurants, shopping, trains, cathedral, etc. I travel a ton for work so I am kind of picky and there is really nothing about this hotel that I found to be bad in any way. I think I must have been in the old part of the hotel (room 403) because the walls appeared to be 1.5 foot thick brick walls so the room are super quiet and for European standards was good sized. The breakfast at the hotel is fantastic but fairly expensive at 13 Euros. Good bar at night and, of course, you must have a Boschen Ball for a dessert or late night snack.

Room Tip: Rooms on what I would call the back of the hotel (same side as where you enter for the check-in desk...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
ManagerGTCentral, Public Relations Manager at Golden Tulip Hotel Central, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Thank you very much for your comments and compliments. We have 9 different roomtype, situated in the front and the back of our hotel. We appreciate it when you let us know your preferences about the room. We hope to welcome you again soon,

Kind regards,
Golden Tulip Hotel Central
Els Becks

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I can only say positive things about my stay at the Golden Tulip Hotel Central. The room was extremely comfortable, the bathroom and shower great, the Internet worked perfectly and the staff was more than pleasant. Breakfast was very good and there is a fine restaurant upstairs that leads out to the central plaza of the city and within walking distance of the cathedral and everything you would need in Den Bosch. I highly recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

The single rooms are very tiny. The restaurant is great. The location is the best. The reception is ok. The meeting rooms are very good. The parking is right next door and at13 euro/night very cheap. Suites in the oldest part of the hotel are worth asking for

Also consider these accommodations in or near Den Bosch
Van der Valk Hotel 's-Hertogenbosch-Vught
Campanile Hertogenbosch
Campanile Hertogenbosch
#7 of 8 in Den Bosch

Been to Golden Tulip Hotel Central? Share your experiences!