“perfectly central location, quiet rooms”

BEST WESTERN Euro Hotel
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Den Bosch
Rijswijk, The Netherlands
“perfectly central location, quiet rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

Centrally located in Den Bosch, the Best Western Euro Hotel met our needs for a one night stay. In the heart of Den Bosch, walking distance from the St John cathedral, the shopping area, and the many restaurants and bars in the city centre. Private parking next to the hotel. Quiet rooms, despite the proximity of the cathedral.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

Best Western is a nice hotel with good services, friendly staff and comfortable rooms. Beds are good, bath and shower clean and big. The hotel is situated in the centre of Den Bosch and parking is not a problem because guests can park in the garage of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Bedford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

Stayed here on business mid November; staff friendly but a tad quirky! The hotel is an abyss, great frontage but goes on for miles! Breakfast was fine & presented ok. Cost of room with breakfast , tax etc was €99.00
Went out for dinner in Den Bosch, a lovely town and worth a visit.Plenty of nearby restaurants, bars etc The hotel location is very good for strolling around & a taxi ride from the station c.€8.00.
The only downside to te rooms was the heating (it was only 1 degree outside) my colleagues rooms were too hot & mine too cold; thermostats did not work!

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the actual front of the hotel!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

Picked this hotel for a weekend stay on suggestion of a colleague. Den Bosch ('s-Hertogenbosch) is a very nice city/town with its pre-war charm, great nature and laid back attitude. Best Western Euro Hotel is less than a kilometer in distance from the 's-Hertogenbosch railway station and situation in a very nice locality, right beside the landmark St. John's Cathedral.

I was a bit confused when I entered the hotel lobby. It looked like an old age pub. If what I expected was a pub, it was a very nice old style one though. But what I was looking for was a nice hotel, so was a bit confused. The gentleman at the front desk was polite and helpful (contrary to the bad experience at least some fellow members here have written about). I got a room on 3rd floor and my walk towards my room revealed a very modern hotel with quite a lot of rooms! Very nicely decorated common areas, modern elevator and very nicely decored rooms. The restaurant was great for breakfast.

Internet in the hotel was not working when I checked in and I was notified of this up front. And when it started working in the night, the front desk manager was helpful enough to let me know that it is working again!

Over all, my experience was very good at the hotel. Especially, I loved the locality. Felt the room rent of 130 Euros plus was on the higher side for overall value delivered.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Ripon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

This hotel is in a great location, has nice big rooms but hardly any facilities.

However, the stink of cigarette smoke as you enter the hotel is awful. And the customer service is abysmal, the lady manager on check out was a disgrace. I didn't know the hotel was locked up until 7am and I could not get to reception to check out at 6.45am. I stood at the door to reception for 5 minutes knocking, I then went back to my room and phoned reception, no answer. I then went back downstairs and knocked on the door numerous times until I heard the restaurant open upstairs. I went and asked if reception was open and the lady manager came down and opened the door, she told me about the hotel being closed until 7am which i was unaware of, I said I had been standing at the door for a total of 15-20 minutes and she said I wasn't!! I said are you calling me a liar and she started shouting and swearing at me that I wasn't there and that I am an "ignorant englishman".
I tried to keep calm and just paid my bill but I have to say in all my business and personal travels I have never came across such terrible treatment of a customer.

As long as this lady works at this hotel please do yourself a favour and avoid at all costs.

Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

Best Western Eurohotel in Den Bosch is situated in the city centre of the beautiful town of Den Bosch. The location is excellent. The hotel has its own parking facilities which is very convenient (but paid).
Rooms are spacious and clean but the beds are old and way too soft. Quite horrible. FIX THIS Best Western!!! If they had good beds I would have rated this hotel as excellent. In my opinion this is the most important, I go to a hotel to find a place to SLEEP.
Breakfast is good. Friendly staff.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Dallas, Texas, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

This hotel is right next to the cathedral, surrounded by restaurants and shops. It is immaculately clean, and the staff is very helpful. The decor is very mixed. For example, the breakfast area is very modern (and the food was fine), but the bedrooms were dowdy and old-fashioned. No coffee or tea making facilities and standard Best Western toiletries. My room on the fourth floor at the back was nice and quiet, and you could see the cathedral out the window.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Hotel Jo van den Bosch
Hotel Jo van den Bosch
#5 of 8 in Den Bosch
Fletcher Hotel-Restaurant ’s - Hertogenbosch

Been to BEST WESTERN Euro Hotel? Share your experiences!