“A W b&b, cool”

Ranked #2 of 15 Den Bosch B&B and Inns
Durham
“A W b&b, cool”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

Great reception by Monique to start the stay. Spacious room with a contemporary flair-a small scale W. I will return....
Excellent breakfast brought to the room. You must try Fabuleux .... for dinner.

• Stayed December 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Upland California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

I just returned from a great trip to The Netherlands, Budapest, and Vienna. Why is it I have this dreamy need to go back to Den Bosch?

My dear friends Herman and Dominique live in Hertogenbosch (aka Den Bosch) and we went there to visit and celebrate Queens Day. So I know Dominique has exacting standards and wouldn't book me into a place that wasn't nice. She scored.

This bed and breakfast: It is split up into four (or six) rooms. We had the White Room and my friends travelling had a room with exposed brick walls (I forget the name). The white room had beautiful light in the morning. It was spacious and had an incredibly good vibe. Because it is a B&B, there is no phone in the room and no front desk, but you could call with a need and it was addressed immediately. Each room has a Nespresso coffee maker and believe me we worked that thing over. The bedding is amongst the best I have ever had. Excellent firm mattress and sheets. The bathtub and shower were fab. The location is right in the middle of town (it's a small town anyway).

The owner Rens was very warm and welcoming. It as if I had met a new friend. One day I made the mistake of leaving a message at the restaurant below to let Rens know we wanted breakfast served at 9AM. Well the restaurant isn't part of the B&B, so Rens didn't get the message. So I called him at 9:05 and asked if he knew. He did not. He asked when we wanted breakfast and I answered "five minutes ago" half joking. He said I will be there in thirty minutes. And you know what? He did. With a great spread of warm breads, meats, cheeses, fruit, yoghurts, and perfectly prepared soft boiled eggs. It was so much fun having it sent to our room and we ate with our other friends staying there.

Den Bosch is an incredible little haven. The people speak good English. The shopping, though expensive, was fab. Take the boat tour around the edge canal. What history. It really is like storybook land. The people are so content and I don't think I have met a kinder city.

Bossche Suites is new. Maybe that's why they try to hard. Can they keep it up? I think so. I would go back there in a second. It was so restful and fun. I just wish we had stayed longer. I'm getting harder to please and don't hand out five stars as much. But this experience? Five stars easy.

Room Tip: I looked at them and they all have a different motif, but I could stay in any of them.