“Very good quality/price”

Park Plaza Eindhoven
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Eindhoven
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 March 2011

we stayed there one night on a sunday with my partner as we live in rotterdam but had to catch an early ryanair flight at 6 am the next day. We only paid 50 euros for a double room in 2008 and it/s really good value in NL.The staff was kind and efficient during check in/ check out.We had a room at the very top and a small balcony which was very nice.Walking distance to city center.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
vanSchaaijk, Front office Supervisor at Park Plaza Eindhoven, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2011

Dear LoloNetherlands,

On behalf of team Park Plaza Mandarin, I would like to thank you for your comments on this website. This mostly appreciated by all of us. We hope to welcome you again Eindhoven.

Warm regards, Marleen Gijsbers

There are newer reviews for Park Plaza Eindhoven

Reviewed 22 March 2011

Hi All,

I've just returned from a 3 night stay in the Park Plaza Mandarin hotel with 2 friends. The best thing about this place is the staff. They were so friendly and helpful and always had a smile for you. The location was perfect. 5-10 minute walk into the center of Eindhoven but far enough away not to be bothered by noise.

The room was massive. The biggest I've ever seen in holland. It was nicely decorated and the TV had some english speaking channels. The extra bed in our room however was awful. You couldn't sleep on it. When we mentioned it to the receptionist, they orgranised for another mattress to be brought in and gave us a complimentary bottle of wine. It didn't really matter because the double bed was soooo big, we all comfortably slept in it!

The breakfast was great. We totally made pigs of ourselves each morning because there was such a wide selection.

There is a chinese next door on the corner which i wouldn't really recommend as they were very rude. It felt like they didn't want our business. There are so many other great places to eat, I wouldn't bother with here.

They are renovating the hotel at the moment. All the rooms on one side of our corridor were being done up. To be honest, this really didn't put in on us one way or the other. It just didn't look very nice but you don't spend your break away standing in the corridor!

All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel and if I ever return to Eindhoven again, I would definately stay here.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
vanSchaaijk, Front office Supervisor at Park Plaza Eindhoven, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2011

Dear One Travel Gril,

First of all I would like to thank you for your review on this Website. We really appreciate your opinion and comments on our product and service. As you mentioned we are walking distance of 10 minutes form the central station. Shops and pubs are around the corner and the Museum of modern art is just 2 minute walk form the hotel.

Our swimming pool, with sauna and fitness facilities is open every day as from 7am till 10 pm, a perfect place to relax after a long day in the office or a day shopping in Eindhoven city.

I am sorry for the confusing with your invoice. I trust, it was solved for you correctly.

Hopefully we can welcome you again in Eindhoven; you may be assured of our best cares.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 March 2011

Good hotel with parking.. Nice clean modern rooms. Free wifi in the bar. I didn't use it but the pool was small looked good just for laps. Easy walk down to main square and art museum. Can walk to the train station about 10 - 15mins via main square. Front desk staff looked up train schedules for me. Helpful and friendly staff but some confusion totaling the bill.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2011

Recently stayed here for 12 nights and found it very cosy and slept well every night. Located the other side of the town centre from the train station,which meant it was nice & quiet area with a few shops/pubs in the immediate area. The town centre being just 10 minute walk away. Hotel food excellent especially the buffet breakfast where i could eat a different breakfast through out my stay, lovely coffee!! Hotel bar nice and cosy also with good food, but also ate out to experience the wonderful city centre. Room size perfect, plenty of room, seating/desk etc and usual facilities including high speed internet. I think room services deserve special praise as it was spotlessly maintained everyday with little treats left on your pillow which really made it feel like a very cosy hotel. I wouldn't hesitate to return to this hotel as i don't think you could better it, well done to ALL the staff. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank bob_marlow
vanSchaaijk, Front office Supervisor at Park Plaza Eindhoven, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2011

Dear Bob Marlow,

We really appreciate you taking the time to write this review on TripAdvisor. You sharing your opinion with other travelers is very much appreciated by Park Plaza Hotels, and we would like to thank you for this.

I am really pleased with your comments about the surroundings, the room, our E!lite lounge and our breakfast buffet. Besides, I appreciate your comments about our staff; these will be shared within our teams.

We are looking forward, welcome you again in Eindhoven!

On behalf of Team Park Plaza Mandarin,

Reviewed 18 January 2011

Not very charming, but good stadard.
I got a small singe room. They excused I got the tine room, but it was all right.
Location not in the middle of city centre, but everything in walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
vanSchaaijk, Front Office Supervisor at Park Plaza Eindhoven, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2011

Dear Mr. Rune&B,

On behalf of our team I would like to thank you for your review on the site. We really appreciate your comments considering your room and the surrounding of the Hotel. We are situated within walking distance of 10 - 15 minutes to the central station, shopping arrea and musea.
Once again thank you for your review, and hopefully we can welcome you again in Eindhoven.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 January 2011

Fantastic modern hotel situated close to the centre of Eindhoven. There is also a secure car park (charge Eur 12.50 a day).

The hotel has two restaurants, with a Chinese restaurant attached. There is free wireless connectivity in the lounge and bar areas. Each room has wireless connectivity and analog, although these are not free. I do not know the usage charges.

The rooms are all well appointed with modern decor and are very spacious. Our room had a large modern TV with some English speaking channels. There was also a mini bar. The bathroom was absolutely spotless and there were ample towels and a large bathrobe for each guest, together with complimentary slippers.

The ONLY slight niggle was that our room was on the front and we were awoken earlier than we would have liked by traffic noise (not just the ringing of bicycle bells). That said, next time we shall ask for a room at the back.

We found the rate for 3 with breakfast very reasonable, especially bearin gin mind the quality of the place.

The staff were all, without exception, friendly, polite and very helpful. We will definitely overnight there again and recommend this place without hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
vanSchaaijk, Front Office Supervisor at Park Plaza Eindhoven, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2011

Dear Twowheels1205,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel!
We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I am very pleased to read that the room, breakfast and service of our staff was very satisfying for you and your family.
I will discuss your comments considering the noise outside with our management to see if we can make any improvements on that.
Thanks a lot for your recommendation, and we hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Kind regards, Marleen Gijsbers

Reviewed 13 December 2010

My Partner and I stayed in this hotel for a weekend in December 2010. The hotel is modern, clean, quiet and located about a 10 minute walk from the bus/train station and only a 5 minute walk from restaurants, bars and the main shopping area. The buffet breakfast is very good - an excellent selection of hot and cold food is available. The bar area is very comfortable - there's a gas fire built into the wall in the bar area giving an "open fire" effect, which is very relaxing, and bar prices are not expensive. Staff are friendly and helpful. Overall, a very good hotel to stay in. One tip on getting to this hotel, or any other hotel in Eindhovern from the Airport is to get the bus to the bus station. This hotel is only 6 miles from the airport and the fare was €40 in a taxi. The bus costs €3 per person and leaves you within walking distance of most of the hotels in Eindhoven. The bus goes from the station back to the airport every 15 minutes. I would definitely recommend the bus rather than a taxi, which is a complete rip off.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
vanSchaaijk, Manager at Park Plaza Eindhoven, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2010

Dear Slatts25,
Thank you for taking the time and effort to write a review on our hotel! I will surely pass your compliments regarding the breakfast on to our F&B team. I will also inform our team about the taxi costs so that we can inform our guests about the much cheaper bus possibility.
Once again thank you for your review. It would be our pleasure to welcome you again in the future!
Kind regards, Kim van Schaaijk