“Great business hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Dublin, Ireland
“Great business hotel”
Reviewed 19 November 2010

Anytime I am in Eindhoven I always stay here, friendly staff, good amenties and great location, the two times I tried to stay here but could not I ended up staying in other hotels which were not as good, one terrible in fact.

It has a good location and especially when on business you do not want to move from the hotel for whatever reason, they have a good bar service with wifi etc and great restaurants.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
vanSchaaijk, Revenue Manager at Park Plaza Eindhoven, responded to this review, 30 November 2010
Dear Starsky1976,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Park Plaza Mandarin EIndhoven!
It is allways a great pleasure to read such positive reviews.
Please do contact us personally when you would like to stay again as we try our utmost to accomodate loyal guests such as yourself, it would be our honor to welcome you again!
Kind regards, Kim van Schaaijk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hampshire uk
Reviewed 5 November 2010

We stayed in this hotel in july, Booked it again for dec and going to book it again in feb.
WONDERFUL, staff great, service very good, loved swimming pool and sauna, very clean. if you feel prices for drinks and food a little high, Which we did not, remember you get what you pay for, quality. food lovely. once house keeping forgot to leave us clean towels, staff felt so bad about this , A nice bottle of wine was in our room along with towels within mins. also requested more coffe, selection of coffee and tea was wonderful. Hotel within walking distance to town , hotel rooms lovely , you are sure to get a good nights sleep. breakfast selection very good. I lived near eindhoven for many years, i know all the hotels and the area, so when booking trust me book this hotel. nothing is to much trouble for staff, they go the extra mile to make your stay perfect. one request i have is that i would like a cosy evening in hotel with someone playing that wonderful piano PLEASE.

1 Thank bellaHampshireuk
vanSchaaijk, Manager at Park Plaza Eindhoven, responded to this review, 11 November 2010
Dear BellaHampsireUk,
Thank you for taking the time and effort to write such a wonderful review about our hotel and staff! This does make our day! I'll be sure to pass on you compliments to the entire staff!
Please do let me know when you are staying again. We look forward to welcoming you next February!
best regards, Kim van Schaaijk
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 21 October 2010

Poor location, friendly staff, basic but adequate rooms , comfortable bed, plenty of toiletries, towels etc. Hotel generally needs updating, restaurant options were Chinese, Indian or Japanese. Chinese restaurant served only European dishes, not a single genuine Chinese dish!
Absolutely basic hotel all round, if that's what you want.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
vanSchaaijk, Manager at Park Plaza Eindhoven, responded to this review, 28 October 2010
Dear SMH, Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel! Following your comments on our hotel I can gladly say that we are planning to start renovations in Januari 2011. Following your comments on our restaurant options I would like to recommend you to ask our waiters what options they can offer on genuine Asian food; they will surely suprise you! I can also recommend dinner in our E!lite Lounge where our chef Eric prepares the best dishes. I am sorry to see that your overall stay did not live up to your expectations but I will surely forward your positive comments about our friendly staff to all staff concerned. Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review. Best regards, Kim van Schaaijk
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2010

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Mandarin Park Plaza. I was extremely impressed by all aspects of the hotel, but especially by the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. I have stayed at many hotels all over the world and can honestly say that the service here was the best that I have ever experienced, putting that of some five-star hotels to shame. The staff are a real credit to the hotel, responding to my requests very promptly and professionally (when I had problems with my kettle and safe, a member of staff was in my room within minutes to fix these issues, and when I asked at reception for extra sachets of coffee to be delivered to my room someone took some there immediately). The hotel boasts two Chinese restaurants and one Japanese - I tried only one of the Chinese restaurants, the Mei-Ling (again, the staff there were exceptionally friendly and helpful), choosing the buffet dinner, but it was so good that I returned with friends a couple of nights later.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Dear Henry H, Thank you for your lovely review on our hotel and especially on our hotel staff! I have passed your review on to all our staff as it compliments them and will encourage them to do their work with passion! If in the future you want to visit again; please let us know! It would be our honor to welcome you again here in our hotel!
Various, UK.
Reviewed 1 August 2010

Stayed for one night in early july, think price of hotel is about right for the room decor, breakfast and service recieved. The reception staff in particular are very friendly, The room was clean and spacious, bathroon also clean and modern.
Location is about 5-10 minutes walk to the centre of town and there are restuarants on the same road as the hotel if you do not want to go far also only 2 minutes from the street where all the bars and clubs are, this was far enough away though to not cause any noise disturbance.
Down sides are the price of drinks in the bar and water in the hotel room - 5.50euro for a bottle of water is scandalous! Also be careful that the staff do not add parking on to your bill - this was automatically added on so we had to say no we had not parked. If in Eindhoven again would definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
vanSchaaijk, Manager at Park Plaza Eindhoven, responded to this review, 20 August 2010
Dear BecSutb,
Thank you for your review! I will certainly pass on your comments to our reception staff! As for the prices of items in the room, I unfortunately am unable to make any changes here. I would like to make you aware of the fact that we also have a vending machine in our hotel lounge with drinks and snacks at discounted rates.
I apologise for the parking charge being added to your bill automatically this should not have happened! Once again thank you for staying in our hotel,
We look forward to welcoming you again in the future!
Kind regards,
London
Reviewed 12 July 2010

Spent two nights at the Park Plaza Mandarin in Eindhoven with my wife and a couple of friends. First impressions were great. Extremely friendly staff and very helpful indeed. They simply couldn't do enough for us.

Our room was very clean and the bed was enormous. Plenty of toiletries, towels and sheets etc. The room was also quite large and had plenty of storage. It could do with a trouser press though. Plenty of TV channels, films etc.

The hotel is a little out of the way and in a fairly quite area. It is a short walk to the shopping district and there are plenty of good quality cafes and restaurants nearby. We were going to eat in the Hotel but found the prices a bit too steep. Breakfast was excellent though, except the chicken sausages which were horrible!!

The leisure facilities are a little limited. The pool was lovely as was the sauna, but the gym was tiny. Despite this, the equipment was of good quality.

The hotels strongest point was the staff, they were great. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Dear Pau109,
First of all thank you for chosing our hotel for your stay in Eindhoven!
I would also like to thank you for the time and efforts to write such a wonderfull review on our hotel and our hotel staff! I will certainly pass your comments on to all staff concerned.
I will discuss your comments on our Food and Beverage with our F&B Manager.
We hope to welcome you again soon!
Geneva
Reviewed 7 July 2010

Had an excellent three night stay at the Park Plaza Mandarin. Rooms were very modern, fresh and very clean. Decent bath, however not the largest. Staff was very helpful with every question or wish I had. Couldn't say anything better.
Tried the room service, wish served a delicious Asian tenderloin in black pepper sauce with noodles. Breakfast has also plenty of choices.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Dear Dirhei,
Thank you for your wonderfull review! We are always happy to read such wonderfull reviews on our staff and food and beverage. I will certainly share your review with the housekeeping staff and front office and F&B staff during our next staff meeting.
Thank you for chosing Park Plaza Mandarin Eindhoven! We look forward to welcoming you again.