“Business-like”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Oslo
“Business-like”
Reviewed 18 January 2011

Not very charming, but good stadard.
I got a small singe room. They excused I got the tine room, but it was all right.
Location not in the middle of city centre, but everything in walking distance.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
vanSchaaijk, Front Office Supervisor at Park Plaza Eindhoven, responded to this review, 22 January 2011
Dear Mr. Rune&B,

On behalf of our team I would like to thank you for your review on the site. We really appreciate your comments considering your room and the surrounding of the Hotel. We are situated within walking distance of 10 - 15 minutes to the central station, shopping arrea and musea.
Once again thank you for your review, and hopefully we can welcome you again in Eindhoven.

Kind regards,
Marleen Gijsbers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leicester
Reviewed 4 January 2011

Fantastic modern hotel situated close to the centre of Eindhoven. There is also a secure car park (charge Eur 12.50 a day).

The hotel has two restaurants, with a Chinese restaurant attached. There is free wireless connectivity in the lounge and bar areas. Each room has wireless connectivity and analog, although these are not free. I do not know the usage charges.

The rooms are all well appointed with modern decor and are very spacious. Our room had a large modern TV with some English speaking channels. There was also a mini bar. The bathroom was absolutely spotless and there were ample towels and a large bathrobe for each guest, together with complimentary slippers.

The ONLY slight niggle was that our room was on the front and we were awoken earlier than we would have liked by traffic noise (not just the ringing of bicycle bells). That said, next time we shall ask for a room at the back.

We found the rate for 3 with breakfast very reasonable, especially bearin gin mind the quality of the place.

The staff were all, without exception, friendly, polite and very helpful. We will definitely overnight there again and recommend this place without hesitation.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
vanSchaaijk, Front Office Supervisor at Park Plaza Eindhoven, responded to this review, 7 January 2011
Dear Twowheels1205,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel!
We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I am very pleased to read that the room, breakfast and service of our staff was very satisfying for you and your family.
I will discuss your comments considering the noise outside with our management to see if we can make any improvements on that.
Thanks a lot for your recommendation, and we hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Kind regards, Marleen Gijsbers
Dublin
Reviewed 13 December 2010

My Partner and I stayed in this hotel for a weekend in December 2010. The hotel is modern, clean, quiet and located about a 10 minute walk from the bus/train station and only a 5 minute walk from restaurants, bars and the main shopping area. The buffet breakfast is very good - an excellent selection of hot and cold food is available. The bar area is very comfortable - there's a gas fire built into the wall in the bar area giving an "open fire" effect, which is very relaxing, and bar prices are not expensive. Staff are friendly and helpful. Overall, a very good hotel to stay in. One tip on getting to this hotel, or any other hotel in Eindhovern from the Airport is to get the bus to the bus station. This hotel is only 6 miles from the airport and the fare was €40 in a taxi. The bus costs €3 per person and leaves you within walking distance of most of the hotels in Eindhoven. The bus goes from the station back to the airport every 15 minutes. I would definitely recommend the bus rather than a taxi, which is a complete rip off.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
vanSchaaijk, Manager at Park Plaza Eindhoven, responded to this review, 14 December 2010
Dear Slatts25,
Thank you for taking the time and effort to write a review on our hotel! I will surely pass your compliments regarding the breakfast on to our F&B team. I will also inform our team about the taxi costs so that we can inform our guests about the much cheaper bus possibility.
Once again thank you for your review. It would be our pleasure to welcome you again in the future!
Kind regards, Kim van Schaaijk
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 19 November 2010

Anytime I am in Eindhoven I always stay here, friendly staff, good amenties and great location, the two times I tried to stay here but could not I ended up staying in other hotels which were not as good, one terrible in fact.

It has a good location and especially when on business you do not want to move from the hotel for whatever reason, they have a good bar service with wifi etc and great restaurants.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
vanSchaaijk, Revenue Manager at Park Plaza Eindhoven, responded to this review, 30 November 2010
Dear Starsky1976,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Park Plaza Mandarin EIndhoven!
It is allways a great pleasure to read such positive reviews.
Please do contact us personally when you would like to stay again as we try our utmost to accomodate loyal guests such as yourself, it would be our honor to welcome you again!
Kind regards, Kim van Schaaijk
Hampshire uk
Reviewed 5 November 2010

We stayed in this hotel in july, Booked it again for dec and going to book it again in feb.
WONDERFUL, staff great, service very good, loved swimming pool and sauna, very clean. if you feel prices for drinks and food a little high, Which we did not, remember you get what you pay for, quality. food lovely. once house keeping forgot to leave us clean towels, staff felt so bad about this , A nice bottle of wine was in our room along with towels within mins. also requested more coffe, selection of coffee and tea was wonderful. Hotel within walking distance to town , hotel rooms lovely , you are sure to get a good nights sleep. breakfast selection very good. I lived near eindhoven for many years, i know all the hotels and the area, so when booking trust me book this hotel. nothing is to much trouble for staff, they go the extra mile to make your stay perfect. one request i have is that i would like a cosy evening in hotel with someone playing that wonderful piano PLEASE.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bellaHampshireuk
vanSchaaijk, Manager at Park Plaza Eindhoven, responded to this review, 11 November 2010
Dear BellaHampsireUk,
Thank you for taking the time and effort to write such a wonderful review about our hotel and staff! This does make our day! I'll be sure to pass on you compliments to the entire staff!
Please do let me know when you are staying again. We look forward to welcoming you next February!
best regards, Kim van Schaaijk
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 21 October 2010

Poor location, friendly staff, basic but adequate rooms , comfortable bed, plenty of toiletries, towels etc. Hotel generally needs updating, restaurant options were Chinese, Indian or Japanese. Chinese restaurant served only European dishes, not a single genuine Chinese dish!
Absolutely basic hotel all round, if that's what you want.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
vanSchaaijk, Manager at Park Plaza Eindhoven, responded to this review, 28 October 2010
Dear SMH, Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel! Following your comments on our hotel I can gladly say that we are planning to start renovations in Januari 2011. Following your comments on our restaurant options I would like to recommend you to ask our waiters what options they can offer on genuine Asian food; they will surely suprise you! I can also recommend dinner in our E!lite Lounge where our chef Eric prepares the best dishes. I am sorry to see that your overall stay did not live up to your expectations but I will surely forward your positive comments about our friendly staff to all staff concerned. Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review. Best regards, Kim van Schaaijk
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2010

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Mandarin Park Plaza. I was extremely impressed by all aspects of the hotel, but especially by the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. I have stayed at many hotels all over the world and can honestly say that the service here was the best that I have ever experienced, putting that of some five-star hotels to shame. The staff are a real credit to the hotel, responding to my requests very promptly and professionally (when I had problems with my kettle and safe, a member of staff was in my room within minutes to fix these issues, and when I asked at reception for extra sachets of coffee to be delivered to my room someone took some there immediately). The hotel boasts two Chinese restaurants and one Japanese - I tried only one of the Chinese restaurants, the Mei-Ling (again, the staff there were exceptionally friendly and helpful), choosing the buffet dinner, but it was so good that I returned with friends a couple of nights later.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Dear Henry H, Thank you for your lovely review on our hotel and especially on our hotel staff! I have passed your review on to all our staff as it compliments them and will encourage them to do their work with passion! If in the future you want to visit again; please let us know! It would be our honor to welcome you again here in our hotel!
Best regards,