“extra charges”

Holiday Inn Eindhoven
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Eindhoven
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stayed in this hotel from Friday to Sunday and it was very clean nice big rooms with all the extras, nice freindly staff . The hotel is in a great location you just walk under the underpass and through a shopping centre and your in the square. Where there are lots of nice restaurant from sea food to McDonald. There in a little cafe on the right hand side once you have gone under the underpass called noud petite cafe we eat in here three time lovely food friendly staff and quite a bit cheaper then the square. Only down side to the hotel is if you use the tv in the hotel it's £22.50 and on checking out we were charged 59 Euro car parking and city tax .

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Eva-Lynne A, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Eindhoven, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Susee,

Thank you very much for your 4-star review and your feedback.

With regards to your remark regarding the extra charges, I would like to inform you that we do have free television, but I suspect that you selected the PayTV channel in which case a message appears with the costs for the selected movie or package.

Furthermore, all hotels in Eindhoven are obliged by the city council to charge city tax, and this amount is equal for all hotels in this city. Both the costs for citytax and parking are adverted on our website and our booking confirmations, so that our guests will not face unexpected surprises.

I hope to have informed you sufficiently and hopefully we will be able to welcome you again in our hotel in the future!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed at the hotel with my wife on my way to Germany. Would recommend this hotel. Found the staff very attentive and the rooms clean and well furnished. Neither of us felt up to a restaurant meal and so opted for a meal in the bar area, my wife opted for a salad and myself a club sandwich. Both of which were excellent and the service in the bar was perfect.

I have enjoyed staying in many Holiday Inns arount the world and found the Eindhoven hotel one to recommend. We would both stay here again, well done Holiday Inn

Room Tip: Some noise from the outside roads but not enough to disturb us, if you are a very ight sleeper ask f...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Eva-Lynne A, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Eindhoven, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Kurob,

Thank you ever so much for this beautiful 5-star review and you recommendation! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed both our staff and our Club Sandwich.

Kind regards from Eindhoven,

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I recently stayed at this Holiday Inn while in town on business. I arrived by train and the hotel was a short walk away - albeit, I had to do some exploring to get there - the hotel was in view but the walkways were not. The room was comfortable and the breakfast was good. I'd stay there again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Eva-Lynne A, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Eindhoven, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Dalen,

Thank you very much for giving us your feedback!

I am sorry that you had to do some exploring but unfortunately the city council does not allow us to place signage. We do have quite an extensive description on our website, maybe for next time?

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I would highly recommend the Holiday Inn Eindhoven for it's excellent location to the city centre, train and bus station. I travelled to Eindhoven with my sister for a relaxation weekend. We went to the nearby Therma Son Spa (20mins by taxi or 30mins by bus). I had the pregnancy massage and it was the best massage I ever had. I am a physiotherapist and very fussy when it comes to massage so this is a hugh complement!!
All of the staff in Holiday Inn are very professional and friendly and the reception staff always had a lovely warm smile and were willing to help with any queries.
Breakfast was top class and I loved the dutch pancakes as it was my first time to try them.
If you are looking for a spa weekend, excellent shopping, comfortable accommodation, a hearty breakfast and excellent value for money, Holiday Inn is a great choice.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank thirtycountriesby30

Dear Thirtycountriesby30,

Thank you very much for this great 5-star review! I am happy to read that you had such a good stay and that you would recommend our hotel to other travellers.

Kind regards from Eindhoven,

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The hotel location is great, just in front of the train station and within a walking distance of the pedestrian streets and a lot of restaurants. The rooms are big and very nice, with a big desk to work in.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Eva-Lynne A, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Eindhoven, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your 5-star review! Hopefully we will have you as a guest in our hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I stayed in this hotel for more than 2 weeks and was quite happy with the deal - courtesy of the staff, location, food & the silence around. Its situated in the heart of Philips Town of Eindhoven at 3 mins walking distance from Railway Station & Bus terminus. My Physicist friends, please don't frown as I used time as a measure of distance here. It opens up to the subway from 18 Septemberplein and near a plenty of night shops & an Indian Restaurant Sri Ganesh. In one word, location is a big plus point for this hotel.
It has a swimming pool, decently maintained in the 1st floor, if my memory is right about the floor. The hotel serves delicious breakfast with fruit baskets and a running counter with varieties of Egg delicacies. The Potato Rosti served in its restaurant was quite amazing.
The sensible room cleaning and free Wifi needs mention here.

Room Tip: Rooms on the reception wing has a good road view but are still silent and you can have a peaceful sl...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SandipanBhatta
Eva-Lynne A, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Eindhoven, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear SandipanBhatta,

Thank you very much for this 4-star review! We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay here and we hope you will choose us again for your future stays in Eindhoven.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

The hotel was nice. We arrived at 1915 with two hungry and tired kids ages 7 and 9 and asked for a reservation in the hotel restaurant. It was busy but they were able to seat us at 1930. Just beware that this is an upscale restaurant, the service is leisurely and the prices reflect their pride in their product. Long story short, we spent 100 Euros on a meal that took an hour and a half and my kids nibbled at because it wasn't really to their low brow tastes. Unless your kids are used to high class food and are patient enough to wait comfortably, I wouldn't recommend it. For the adults though, there were no complaints other than it wasn't what we were looking for.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear JimmyB25,

Thank you for your feedback and your 4-star review! Regarding your remark about our restaurant, may I suggest that upon a possible future stay you ask for our children’s menu? I am quite sure that you little ones find something to their taste.

Of course I will also instruct our team to think about our Kids Menu themselves.