“A good city centre hotel”

Sandton Hotel Eindhoven City Centre
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Eindhoven
Gardone Val Trompia
“A good city centre hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Staff is really friendly and the location is really near the centre of the city, you can walk and be directly in the principal square in 10 minutes, you have in 5 minutes one of the most busy street for amusements, discos and bars.
The hotel is confortable and the room are really clean.
The best is sure the breakfast, I liked so much, in a very quite space with a good buffet.
My room was a bit small, but I suppose it's simply normal, cause I took a really cheap room, but still very clean and perfect.
I liked so much.

Room Tip: Se scegliete le stanze economiche non aspettatevi stanze enormi, ma credo sia normale a quel prezzo...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TripMember112520151
eind5611, General Manager at Sandton Hotel Eindhoven City Centre, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear sir,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and that you appreciated our breakfast. Did you know that we also offer complementary coffee to go in the morning?

Marc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

Very nice hotel, rooms look amazing, i had no time for breakfast. I got helped by a very nice and friendly nightreception from greece. Had a very good time and close bye the train station and centre of eindhoven.

Regards,
Cecilia Binck

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Binck
Dear Cecilia,

Thank you for your review. I have passed your compliments to our night receptionist. We are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Verona, Italia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

My reservation was made through an international hotel booking network so I pay 50 euro per night. The hotel is quite simple. The room (I had a standard one) was big enough with a small bathroom. The walls of the room are so thin that when the guest of the room next to your put the key into the lock it seems that someone is opening your door! For the same reason you can be woke up by someone making loud in the room nearby. The mattress was definitely bad.
So why 4 stars?Considering the crazy prices of Eindhoven hotels' this one is the most convenient one (just 10' walk to reach the center).

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dir sir,

thank you for your review.
Turku, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

Service was good and nice. Room was clean enough. Nothing special to mention. Good hotel for short stay. Breakfast was splendid.

+ Breakfast
+ Location

- I could hear laughs from next door
- I heard water running somewhere, maybe from the roof

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
eind5611, General Manager at Sandton Hotel Eindhoven City Centre, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dera sir/madam

Thank you for your review. We are looking forward to welcome you back soon so that you can enjoy our new services like our in room wellness programm or our Wake up coffee service which we are starting next week.
Newbury, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

First impressions arriving at reception are good; the hotel looks like a modern business hotel with polite staff. I suggest you stop at this point and turnaround and leave the hotel as it won't get any better.

The room I stayed in was apparently double glazed; though from the street noise of every person, cycle or anything else passing by you'd never guess it was double glazed. The room itself was small and pokey; with 2 single small single beds. For a hotel that I assume wants to attract business guests it had a shortage of electrical sockets to plug computers or phones into for recharging purposes. The plumbing was noisy as it seemed to take at least 15 minutes for the toilet cistern to fill after use.

The room had a musty dirty smell and I certainly wouldn't want to walk on the carpet in bare feet.

Frankly if I had travelled by car I would have had a better sleep inside that. I'll never stay in this hotel again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. 1star is too much to give this hotel.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
eind5611, General Manager at Sandton Hotel Eindhoven City Centre, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear sir,

I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. But I would like to thank you for your review with your comments we can improve our services and product. The smell in your room was caused by the new carpet which was renewed a month ago. Due to your experiences we have decided to deep clean the carpet to neutralize the smell. We are also looking to add some additional plugs. I would like to reccommend to reserve a deluxe room for your next stay. Our deluxe rooms are spacious, located at the back of the hotel, and have sufficent working space en ad plugs and were designed for the business traveler. They also feauture complementary coffee and tea facilities, airconditioning and an I-pod docking station.

Marc

Travellers are raving about these Eindhoven hotels

Sitges, Catalonia, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

Very close to everything you may need in Eindhoven. Yes it is a "business hotel" but very comfortable in all aspects. Its small team of staff are very friendly, knowledgable and accomodating.
The Double Bedroon was very comfortable, flat screen Tv, excellent heating, nicely styled and decorated. The Bathroom whist being what some would call small has everything you could need and the shower itself is larger than most hotels would provide. Great hot water.
Very comfortable bed and excellent pillows, a good nights sleep is definitely on the cards.

The public areas of the hotel are very modern, stylish and exceptionaly clean.

It came as a surprise that breakfast was included in the price of the room, exceedingly good value indeed.

We would most definitely stay here again if we return to Eindhoven.

Room Tip: ist floor comfort room was the room we stayed in - PERFECT.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LadyDiamondS
eind5611, General Manager at Sandton Hotel Eindhoven City Centre, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Lady Diam,

Thank you for staying with us and I realy appreciate your review. Me and my team are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Sincerely Marc
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a convention for 4 days. Let me start with the good points:
- Friendly staff
- good breakfast with very good jam, as stated in a previous review (the 1 service lady is always quick and has the place better under control than whole teams in other hotels. Also, she seems born happy and friendly :D. Big compliments to her). Just one improvement suggestion: Put on little signs to tell me which jam is which, which yoghurt is which and so on.
- relatively central location
- good price compared to other EHV hotels
- one of the best pillows I ever had in hotel

Now the not so good points:
- my room was not properly clean on day 1 (hairs in the sink, dirty carpet). The following days it was properly cleaned.
- when I arrived it was very cold. They did not have the heating turned on in the room. The hearing did its job properly, once turned on.
- my room felt like a youth hostel. Very basic, small, cheap .. there are hotels with much better rooms for that price, but they are not that central
- relatively slow internet (perhaps I was almost at the end of the hallway?)
- I stayed in the front and there it is rather noisy (even with closed windows) and over the week I woke up several times each night due to cars, scooters or people
- my bed needed a matrass replacement

Room Tip: I would suggest to either go in the back or very high up
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
eind5611, General Manager at Sandton Hotel Eindhoven City Centre, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear guest Thank you for your review. We hope that you enjoyed GLOW the International Light Festival.