“Lovely, absolutely lovely”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tilburg
Bed and Breakfast Tilburg Gust van Dijk
Ranked #1 of 8 Tilburg B&B and Inns
“Lovely, absolutely lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

I stayed at the B&B and absolutely loved it. The owners were on vacation, but they had a very friendly guy who filled in for them. The room had its own balcony, was very clean and spacious, and even had a complimentary bottle of wine and some water waiting for me. It is located right in the center, but still it is very quiet and peaceful. The breakfast was great, served in a cute little garden and served with love. I will absolutely stay there again if i get the chance!
Also, the B&B is cheaper than the hotels in the area (as for example the city hotel), where I have stayed in before, and is so much nicer and more luxurious to stay in!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
GustVanDijk, Manager at Bed and Breakfast Tilburg Gust van Dijk, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Thank you for the wonderful compliment. We have send "the friendly guy" the tripadvisor link on Facebook. It certainly made the guy smile. Great! We hope that we will be able to welcome you as our guest next time when you are in Tilburg!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

The house, our room and breakfast were all fine, and the main floor art gallery was interesting, but we were disappointed because we were not given the room we had selected on the website several months before our arrival. We realize that guests’ requests can not always be met, but the owners had made such a point of promoting the personalities of each of their rooms on video clips and encouraged guests to select their preferred room. We were looking forward to our selected Orange Submarine room, but instead, we were taken to the Garden/Green room. We pointed out that this was not the room we had selected and the owner simply responded that it was more convenient for them. It was disappointing, especially given that we had corresponded by e-mail a few days before our arrival to let them know when to expect us and they had not taken the opportunity to tell us with about the room change.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aroundthenextcorner4
GustVanDijk, Owner at Bed and Breakfast Tilburg Gust van Dijk, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Dear Greg and Barb. We were delighted to have welcomed you as our guests in our home dedicated to contemporary art. Our home comprises a project room, a bed & breakfast as well as our studio. It is a personable operation. At times it is unfortunate and unforeseen that preference for a room cannot be met. Thank you for your remarks and your recommendation as well as your understanding.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

I recently stayed at the Gust van Dijk and can't say enough wonderful things about my stay. Downstairs is small modern art gallery and upstairs the hosts rent out lovely rooms. They offer a warm welcoming atmosphere and not a detail is left undone. I was greeted with tea and a friendly conversation before going upstairs to my room. Each room in uniquely decorated and the entire building is renovated but true to the era. I was traveling on business and was pleased to find a quiet refuge where I felt at home. I had a lovely work space and a comfortable bed. I was rested and refreshed each morning as I went downstairs for breakfast. The breakfast was amazing - meats, cheeses, fresh fruit, yogurt, eggs, and award winning fresh baked breads and croissants. The entire stay was delightful and I hope to return again soon! If you're passing through Tilburg, please stay here. Gust van Dijk will not disappoint!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Diana R
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

I'm a frequent traveler, looking for personalised experiences when I travel. I found this B&B online, and was very curious about it. It's just GREAT! The breakfast is superb, and the rooms and not just comfy but amazingly decorated! The owners are in all details to make you feel home, as well as to offer you an enjoyable experience. I just loved it as I love art and good aesthetics, and would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Tilburg.

Room Tip: I stayed in the orange room-super modern and quiet! Loved it.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Carla B
GustVanDijk, Owner at Bed and Breakfast Tilburg Gust van Dijk, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you for being our guest and sharing your experience. We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one. If you like to check out our Facebook Page - Bed and BreakFast Tilburg - Gust van Dijk, where we regularly post we will be happy to welcome you.
All our best,
Jan Willem van Rijnberk and Riet van Gerven
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013

The hosts of this B&B are working artists, and their art and book-filled establishment reflects their unique perspectives and aesthetic care in every aspect. I stayed for two nights on a business trip and highly recommend it. It is completely quiet, has good areas for working on computer in the rooms or homey comon area, lovely fresh breakfast (and very nice bottle of red wine in the room), walking distance to the train station, clean, and the bed could not have been more comfortable. It is also a couple of blocks away from a choice of terrific restaurants. Thank you for turning a business trip into a memorable and lovely experience of Tilburg!

Room Tip: One room has some photographic art work that depicts nudity (excellent work but very explicit) so if...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jedi-Seattle
Rostock, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2012

I stood there only for one night on a business travel and I felt much more welcome than in any hotel I have been before. The room (I had the orange one) is equipped with nice furniture in its personal style, the bed is one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in.
The breakfast must not fear any compares with hotel breakfasts.
If you look for a bed only, take a hotel, if you look for a nice room and very nice hosts, take Gust van Dijk.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank dr_bird_23
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

Just spent two nights at the Gust van Dijk modern art and b+b and have to say it was just perfect. For me it's definitely THE place to say in Tilburg, it is so far ahead of the hotels I have stayed in. A beautiful and funky room with an overly comfortable bed (its soft but I do love that cosy feel) with a lovely balcony. Thoughtful touches included sparkling water in our room and a small bottle of wine. When we missed breakfast on Saturday it was lovely to find the croissants waiting downstairs. As well as a great room there was a sitting room style library open to our use and there was tea and coffee making facilities there. We did make breakfast on the Sunday morning and it was something we should have gotten up for! A wide selection of award winning breads, homemade fresh strawberry milkshakes, selection of ham and cheese and the offer of eggs. Basically anything you could want or wish for. As all as offering lovely surroundings and a great breakfast the best bit is the wonderful relaxed and friendly hosts. I immediately felt I was at home which is rare for me. Finally, location is great, in the town center and yet magically quiet. All in all we both give it a hearty thumbs up and would recommend it for sure.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank eirvine
GustVanDijk, Owner at Bed and Breakfast Tilburg Gust van Dijk, responded to this review, 11 January 2013
Thank you so much for this very fine an accurate review. We definitly hope that we may receive you as our guests again in 2013.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tilburg
Centrum
Auberge De Moerse Hoeve
#5 of 8 in Tilburg
Hotel de Leijhof Oisterwijk
#2 of 5 in Oisterwijk

Been to Bed and Breakfast Tilburg Gust van Dijk? Share your experiences!