“Good Functional Hotel”

Bastion Hotel Tilburg
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Tilburg
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Booked online. The reception staff were really friendly and efficient on our fairly late arrival. The room I stayed in was perfectly adequate, a good size and had everything for an overnight stay. The bar in the hotel was pleasant. The restaurant attached to the hotel was good. The Breakfast buffet in the morning was also good.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
BastionHotelGroep, Eigenaar at Bastion Hotel Tilburg, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear NWeb67,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a great experience at our hotel.

We are pleased to find out that you loved your stay! The Bastion Hotel Groep strives to provide an excellent service by trying our hardest to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon!

With sincere regards,

Team of the Bastion Hotel Groep

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Very friendly staff at the Hotel. Nice and clean rooms. About 20 minutes walk to centrum. The only minus was that we were supposed to pay upon arrival. What they did a couple of times was a pre-authorization which is just a validity check that temporarily blocks on your credit card as they said. But I couldn´t use my money for more than 2 weeks. Strange, this has never happened to me before. Otherwise I wouldn't mind staying here again.
Didn't try their breakfast, thought 12 euro was too much.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
BastionHotelGroep, Eigenaar at Bastion Hotel Tilburg, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear guest,

We want to thank you very much for your stay at Bastion Hotel Tilburg and for your review which you have posted on Tripadvisor. We are pleased to see that you have enjoyed the personal atmosphere, hospitality, comfort and good facilities and all of this you have translated in a nice review!

You mentioned in your review that there were made several pre-authorizations. Because your review is anonymous, I cannot check what went wrong. A pre-authorization is indeed a validity-check that temporarily (one month) blocks a certain amount. However normally this pre-authorization will be released when you decide to pay in an other way.

We would like to apologize for the inconveniences it may have caused you. We value your comments and recommendations for assessments and to further develop our standards. The Bastion Hotel Groep strives to always meet and exceed the expectations of our guest.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in one of our hotels!

Team Bastion Hotel Groep

Reviewed 14 November 2012

We visited Tilburg with friends and stayed at Hotel Bastion from Sept 11th 2012 to Sept 15th. The hotel was well located and the service was generally ok with a couple of exceptions. Our room safe was not working and the staff could not get it looked at whilst we stayed and bizarrely had no Master Key to any of the Hotel safes. Hopefully this has been rectified by now. Breakfast was good.but we had to ask for even basic utensils like spoons etc on a couple of occasions. Overall ok and would probably stay again for a few days.

Room Tip: Chhose a room that doesn't face the Car Park if possible
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Tilburg, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I assure you that I will take appropriate actions in order to improve our services. We regularly train our associates in assuring our perfect service and taking ownership.

I hope you accept my apologies ,

Reviewed 7 November 2012

Stayed at the Bastion Hotel in Tilburg for 4 days , great Hotel for a short stay , room was a little small , but everlthing was very clean and tidy . Breakfast was very good , but a little overpriced.
The evening meal was ok , not a great choice on the menu but still ok .
the main question would we go back again , the anwser is yes but only for a short stay, we would tell Family and friends about the Bastion . In the end you get what you pay for .
The people who worked at the Bastion were a credit to the Company .

Room Tip: make sure that you put on the heating , also the breakfast in Hema or V and D is cheaper.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Tilburg, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you left on Tripadvisor. We try to meet the expectations of our guests and I believe we did achieve this.

I hope to meet you again at our hotel in Tilburg.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Not somewhere I'd choose to return. Hallways stink of smoke, as did bedroom on arrival. Only single beds. Good free wifi connection but it blocks Viber app and outgoing email. Asked reception for laundromat nearby and told they didn't exist in Holland. Not true - there was one 10 min drive away. What would we do without Google? Entrance to hotel is very awkward, our tom tom couldnt come to terms with it. Breakfast room very dimly lit, and breakfast very ordinary.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Stevenvrs
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Tilburg, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

I hope you accept my apologies ,

Reviewed 5 April 2012

I used this hotel as a base for a business trip to Tilburg last year.
It is reasonably priced, clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. It's a good 25 min walk from the city centre and really close to the major routes to the city.
My non-smoking room was really confortable and clean and I must say I really appreciated the kettle provided. I couldn't hear the traffic from my bedroom, even if the hotel is in the middle of a busy network of roads. Breakfast buffet was delicious and free wi-fi service allowed me to stay connected with my business at home. There is also a small billiard room for the games addicts! Simply great!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We easily found this hotel which was close to major routes and the private car park was fine for our motortrikes. The staff were welcoming and obliging and spoke perfect English. I was able to borrow a hairdryer from reception. This hotel is largely used by business travellers but it met our holiday needs equally well. Comfortable, clean rooms - we slept soundly and there was good ventillation without having to open the window. There were also tea / coffee / kettle provided in the room and a vending machine in the corridor. Dinner was delicious but a bit pricey. Breakfast is renowed at this hotel for being the most comprehensive in the area - there was bacon, egg, salmon plus a range of jams / spreads etc and all the usual continental breakfast items. The free wi-fi enabled me to order my supermarket shopping for delivery on arrival home the following day - great!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tilburg
Centrum
NH Waalwijk
#1 of 2 in Waalwijk
Hotel de Leijhof Oisterwijk
#1 of 5 in Oisterwijk

Been to Bastion Hotel Tilburg? Share your experiences!